Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
The General Finds Thread! (Read 30251 times)
livefastdiefun87
Forum Newbie

Plymouth, UK

Re: The General Finds Thread!
Reply #135 - 21. Nov 2007 at 08:30

Best buy ever... Sharp Famicom Twin system on Fleabay for the equivilant of 10GBP

I Am Darkwing Duck

IP Logged

Unicron78
Forum Newbie

This whip, made with alchemy...

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Reply #136 - 31. Jan 2008 at 16:30

Though it's not an NES find per se, my greatest find went like this;
I walk up to a garage sale and find nothing of interest. As is my practice, I ask if they have any old video games. The guy is, like, "I think I have a Genesis upstairs". Upon his return from the house he has a box, overflowing. I look in the box and see a bunch of stuff, but what really caught my eye was a Donkey Kong cart fo the intellivision. Knowing that I have exactly $3 in my wallet, I hope that he doesn't know what he has and plan to offer him $3 and sincere gratitude for the cart. He says, "I don't know how much this is all worth, but (turns to his wife) what do you think a buck?" she replies, "for the box?". He says, yes, and they agree. I proceed to almost have a heart attack, hand over my dollar and fight the urge to run to my car. Upon further inspection I discover that the box contents were:
       1 Donkey Kong cart for intellivision
       18 various (some rare) Atari 2600 carts
       1 Atari 2600 in mint condition
       1 Intellivision master component, 1st generation, still with the    
       protective plastic cover on top.
I lit some incense as an offering to the vintage game gods and played pitfall until I fell asleep. Long winded, but worth it.
« Last Edit: 31. Jan 2008 at 18:12 by Unicron78 »  

"What a horrible night to have a curse"

IP Logged

bubs
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD KICKS ASS!

Reply #137 - 06. Feb 2008 at 00:19

Just got Dragon Warrior III from a buddy i work with for $5 Cheesy

IP Logged

NESJohnny
Forum Newbie

Yes, yes I am a bad enough
dude to save the Prez.

So Cal

Reply #138 - 07. Feb 2008 at 02:39

Unicron78 wrote on 31. Jan 2008 at 16:30:
Though it's not an NES find per se, my greatest find went like this;
I walk up to a garage sale and find nothing of interest. As is my practice, I ask if they have any old video games. The guy is, like, "I think I have a Genesis upstairs". Upon his return from the house he has a box, overflowing. I look in the box and see a bunch of stuff, but what really caught my eye was a Donkey Kong cart fo the intellivision. Knowing that I have exactly $3 in my wallet, I hope that he doesn't know what he has and plan to offer him $3 and sincere gratitude for the cart. He says, "I don't know how much this is all worth, but (turns to his wife) what do you think a buck?" she replies, "for the box?". He says, yes, and they agree. I proceed to almost have a heart attack, hand over my dollar and fight the urge to run to my car. Upon further inspection I discover that the box contents were:
       1 Donkey Kong cart for intellivision
       18 various (some rare) Atari 2600 carts
       1 Atari 2600 in mint condition
       1 Intellivision master component, 1st generation, still with the    
       protective plastic cover on top.
I lit some incense as an offering to the vintage game gods and played pitfall until I fell asleep. Long winded, but worth it.

haha, that's awesome!  How much is that DK cart for Intellivision worth?

And nice DW3 find!  That's a downer to self-employment... no co-workers to harvest.

--Johnny
JohnnyRoxUrSox  
IP Logged

bubs
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD KICKS ASS!

Reply #139 - 18. Feb 2008 at 21:15

picked up Captain Comic blue cart with upside down label for $6 at the flea market the other day Grin

IP Logged

gamestalker187
Forum Newbie

UU DD LR LR BA BA

Pittsburgh, PA

Reply #140 - 19. Feb 2008 at 02:17

Sunday equals FleaMarket day in the Burgh and it payed off.  Wally Bear, Venice Beach, Pac-Man both grey and black Tengens: all were three dollars each.  However, the guy is out of games and won't be back.

Cry

I  now have no private pond to swim at.

...

Never Done Wanting.  Never Done Spending. Never Done Collecting.

IP Logged

PlayItBogart
Forum Newbie

"8Eye's"?

Soviet Cannuckistan

Reply #141 - 21. Feb 2008 at 23:55

It's not really a find...but I had this made and I just got it today.

IP Logged

nintendomichael
Forum Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Canada

Reply #142 - 26. Feb 2008 at 05:08

No Really a nes find But I did get a UFO SUPER DRIVE PRO 6 for $50 at a pawn shop

IP Logged

nintendomichael
Forum Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Canada

Reply #143 - 16. May 2008 at 04:20

just picked up
American gladiators and mission:impossible complete for $2.00 each I thought that was cool

IP Logged

nintendomichael
Forum Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Canada

Reply #144 - 11. Jul 2008 at 05:05

I just got 3 famicom multicarts each with its own converter for $15 each  One even had burgertime Grin

IP Logged

96MustangSC
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #145 - 18. Jun 2009 at 19:58

Although I'm a new user, I'm not new to the site.  I've been reading posts for a few years.  I'm one Stadium Events away from a complete NTSC collection myself  Smiley
I started collecting back in 1998. I was still in high school.  If only I had access to the money I do now.  The things I've seen change in price over the last decade  Undecided I remember sitting at work as an intern and seeing Stadium Events, all three Panesians, and Caltron 6-in-1 all go for around $50/piece.  I thought, "Who would pay $50 for a Nintendo game?!"  Doh!
-Last summer I got 36 CIB games on Craigslist for $220 shipped.  Most were decent with two big highlights: Fire N Ice and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles  I was real happy!
-I got Panic Restaurant (cart only) for $20 shipped on ebay last summer as well because there was no pic and the lady only accepted money orders.  Ching!
I've got many more, but that's all I can think of right this minute.
« Last Edit: 18. Jun 2009 at 20:01 by 96MustangSC »  

IP Logged

96MustangSC
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #146 - 18. Jun 2009 at 20:05

A new secondhand video game store opened just down from where I work last summer.  (Everything seemed to happen last summer...weird)  Anyway, I walked in and bought Contra Force, Lolo 2, Namco PacMan, and something else decent, I forget, for $40  Grin

I can't ever find anything at Goodwill stores like I hear everyone on here.   I think there are too many ebayer's scanning the local stores Sad

IP Logged

NESaholic
God Member

Obscurist maximus

The Netherlands

Reply #147 - 05. Aug 2009 at 14:01

Yeah some sources are drying up, here also hard to find. You really have to go to a fleamarket to actually find NES.

NESaholic NeSaHoLiC  
IP Logged

Squees
Ex Member

Reply #148 - 12. Apr 2010 at 02:07

I bought a boxed copy of the crapfest that is Godzilla, but inside the manual was a perfectly preserved card for joining club nintendo with a picture of  mario from super mario 2. Was a nice surprise.

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #149 - 13. Apr 2010 at 22:50

at least something good came out of that purchase then?  Smiley

Seen on #NESWORLD (on efnet)...
[Ace`] i like my HES cases to have arse prints on them
WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12