HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Honyu Explorer I (Read 2626 times)
JC
Ex Member

Honyu Explorer I
07. Jul 2006 at 22:56

Got this at at a Goodwill today. Anyone know what the two top buttons (# and *) do? And why does it have a space for 4 AA batteries but no connectors for them (logo portion opens up)?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

FamicomJL
God Member

Fami, Fami, Famicom?

Long Island, New York

Re: Honyu Explorer I
Reply #1 - 10. Jul 2006 at 07:09

Looks very weird...the two extra buttons could've possibly been filler, or to make it look bigger.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW FamicomJL FamicomJL FamicomJL FamicomJL  
IP Logged

Michael the Great
God Member

Only 751 to go for a complete
set!

Reply #2 - 10. Jul 2006 at 09:26

It's interesting that it plugs into both spots.  Maybe the buttons have something to do with that?  Could they let you choose which controller plug you're using?

grumpynes  
IP Logged

Speedy_NES
God Member

Belgium

Reply #3 - 11. Jul 2006 at 02:02

IIRC, the top button is for choosing the player, not sure about the one below that.  I recently bought the Teqniche version with the box, and I'm pretty sure that it had a diagram on the box showing which buttons do what.  I'm away from home at the moment, but I will check it out later this week and let you know.

The battery compartment is odd, I also don't understand why that is there.  I'm pretty sure other controllers had similar empty compartments, likely incase they wanted to use the same casing for a wireless version.

IP Logged

Gundam_Pilot_
God Member

Olmsted Falls, OH

Reply #4 - 11. Jul 2006 at 03:16

To be completely honest, i have the box and diagram here and it has the 2 buttons but the box says that they do nothing. LOL POS

WWW Utterlyrandomguy  
IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11. Jul 2006 at 03:49

Any truth to the claim that those buttons correspond to buttons on the Power Glove?

IP Logged

FamicomJL
God Member

Fami, Fami, Famicom?

Long Island, New York

Reply #6 - 11. Jul 2006 at 05:51

Gundam_Pilot_ wrote on 11. Jul 2006 at 03:16:
To be completely honest, i have the box and diagram here and it has the 2 buttons but the box says that they do nothing. LOL POS

Lol, I knew it!

WWW FamicomJL FamicomJL FamicomJL FamicomJL  
IP Logged

Speedy_NES
God Member

Belgium

Reply #7 - 15. Jul 2006 at 22:33

Gundam is correct, I just got back and checked the box of the Teqniche variant, and it says "RESERVED BUTTONS for future function." Smiley

IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 21. Jul 2006 at 20:17

That's plain silly.  Grin

IP Logged

Michael the Great
God Member

Only 751 to go for a complete
set!

Reply #9 - 23. Jul 2006 at 22:18

I wonder if you plugged this into a snes if they would equal one of the snes's 4 extra buttons?

grumpynes  
IP Logged

TheFinalDayComes
God Member

NES will not die

Upstate, NY

Reply #10 - 25. Jul 2006 at 18:11

how much did you pay for that JC there is a game store around me that has one in the box for $7. is it worth it, is it rare

IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 25. Jul 2006 at 18:34

I paid more than I should have -- $10. But that's before I knew that they were pretty common. I've seen them at thrift stores -- without the box/manual -- several times since I bought it. I don't atually know what they're worth, but I figure it can't be more than the Advantage, which isn't much.

IP Logged

Speedy_NES
God Member

Belgium

Reply #12 - 27. Jul 2006 at 10:55

It's funny that a lot of these have been popping up on eBay in the last few weeks, because I used to think that they are quite rare.  The variant from Teqniche (Power Mate) and the Champ variant (same name, different publisher) seem to be a lot more rare.  I think $7 for a boxed one is a great deal.  If the box is in very good condition, I might be willing to buy the box off you Wink

IP Logged

TheFinalDayComes
God Member

NES will not die

Upstate, NY

Reply #13 - 27. Jul 2006 at 19:39

I don't plan on buying it I wouldn't even use it but if you want the next time I am in that area I will buy it and you can buy it from me the same price I paid for it + shipping. The box was in great condition.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print