Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Got my DS lite today! (Read 1451 times)
Michael the Great
God Member

Only 751 to go for a complete
set!

Got my DS lite today!
23. Jul 2006 at 05:59

Sold my DS last week, and got my DS lite today!   Cheesy

Wow, does the screen ever make a difference.  So far, I've been keeping the screen on 3 out of the 4 brightness levels.  It's not only brighter, but it's so much crisper.  It's almost a "I can't believe I put up with the DS's screen" kinda difference!

The best parts:  It's so sexy!  The power button isn't where I'm going to accidently turn it off!  (don't know how many times I did that)  The stylus is bigger.

The down sides:  I know I'm going to lose that stupid gba cover...  Stupid white's going to get dirty so easily.  I like the higher abxy, but to reach the start or select seems awkward.

Anybody else got one yet?  If so, give us more than a few hours opinion!

grumpynes  
IP Logged

WhiteDRG
God Member

Du bist ein berliner?
;)

Germany

Re: Got my DS lite today!
Reply #1 - 23. Jul 2006 at 11:13

I once ordered one from Honkong and i had the chance to play it for half a week. ( It was not for me, i don't have enough money for such things  Angry )
The DS lite is much better than the originial DS. After playing with it, you don't want to go back to the original one. Another huge plus is the reduced weight of the DS lite.

--> Never ever buy a DS "classic", get the DS lite

**** WhiteDRG ****
IP Logged

Ultra64
God Member

Michigan

Reply #2 - 23. Jul 2006 at 21:43

i should sell some blood for a DS~Lite

IP Logged

Ultra64
God Member

Michigan

Reply #3 - 24. Jul 2006 at 01:20

Nintendo on the Hinge DEAL

"In the U.S., the reported number of small cosmetic cracks in the plastic hinge of DS Lite systems represents less than 0.02 percent of the total units sold. This cosmetic issue in no way impacts the gameplay or integrity of the DS Lite. Nintendo stands behind the quality of our products and encourages DS Lite owners to contact our Customer Service Department if they are not happy with the functionality of their systems."

Nintendo can be contacted at 1-800-255-3700.

IP Logged

Michael the Great
God Member

Only 751 to go for a complete
set!

Reply #4 - 24. Jul 2006 at 01:54

I was following that hinge deal, and I made the purchase yesterday because I saw Nintendo finally said they'd fix them!  When they at first said it was cosmetic damage and not covered by warrenty, I had decided to hold off.  i certainly hope mine doesn't crack.  Just if the big N wasn't fixing a defective DSL I wasn't buying one!
« Last Edit: 24. Jul 2006 at 01:57 by Michael the Great »  
grumpynes  
IP Logged

FamicomJL
God Member

Fami, Fami, Famicom?

Long Island, New York

Reply #5 - 24. Jul 2006 at 07:30

I keep saying I'm going to get one, and never do...

WWW FamicomJL FamicomJL FamicomJL FamicomJL  
IP Logged

DeGen

There is a light that
never goes out.

Newfoundland, Canada.

Reply #6 - 27. Jul 2006 at 11:04

I picked up a regular DS last night and I'm incredbly pleased.

I opted for the regular one instead of of the Lite, because basically, the Lite was just too small for my hands. My thumb literatly covered all of the X/Y/A/B buttons, and trying to play it was a hassle.

Either way, New Mario Bros is amazing.

!
WWW 34403850 LygahBombah  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print