Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Broken NES (Read 2032 times)
jajaja
God Member

Broken NES
25. Jul 2006 at 19:33

I got a NES today, started it, all looks fine, but after 30 sec the power is gone. I tried another AC adapter, but now i cant even start it. I never experienced a problem like this before. What could be wrong?
« Last Edit: 25. Jul 2006 at 19:34 by jajaja »  

IP Logged

TheFinalDayComes
God Member

NES will not die

Upstate, NY

Re: Broken NES
Reply #1 - 25. Jul 2006 at 19:49

I have never heard of this either, I would always start by taking the console apart and cleaning the entire insides. Probly not much help sorry.

IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 25. Jul 2006 at 19:58

Is it from a different region than your own? I know I've got one here from another region that I use with a plug/power converter and even still the power fluctuates. Otherwise, I'm clueless.

IP Logged

jajaja
God Member

Reply #3 - 25. Jul 2006 at 20:52

It was from France and it does use the same power (220v) as here Smiley I tried the AC adapter on another NES from France too and it worked without any problems. Maybe a fuse have been blown somehow? I noticed that the power button was turned on when i plugged in the AC adapter, but wouldnt the fuse blow right away then? It might be dirt, but i doubt it. I will open it and clean it tho, just in case.
« Last Edit: 25. Jul 2006 at 20:54 by jajaja »  

IP Logged

Mezmoron

8 more NES games to go!

Pleasant Gap, PA

Reply #4 - 25. Jul 2006 at 21:25

Check ow many cycles the system runs at.  Voltage is not the only thing to worry about.

Ken

Mezmoron  
IP Logged

jajaja
God Member

Reply #5 - 25. Jul 2006 at 21:32

You mean the broken NES? Im not very technical so you have to explain more hehe Wink But the AC adapter was right and it works on other NES machines, so it cant be that who broke it. It must have been something with the NES itself.

IP Logged

NationalGameDepot
God Member

The NGD Game List v3.0
is DONE!!

Knoxville, TN USA

Reply #6 - 26. Jul 2006 at 00:18

You may have fried the RF/AC adapter unit that is solder to the main board on your NES.  The unit may have just been bad and not used in a long time, and once you put power through it, it couldn't take it anymore and just fried it.  Who knows though, GOOD LUCK>>>>
~~NGD

...~~NationalGameDepot...
WWW NationalGameDepot NationalGameDepot jbsmildew2003 nationgamesdepot  
IP Logged

kungfukid

NES v SMS - maybe robot
wars style??

Paisley, Scotland

Reply #7 - 26. Jul 2006 at 14:26

I had the exact same problem you're describing on an Atari 2600 about 20 years ago, then one day I dropped it down the stairs in my parents house and it started working again!  Cheesy Not saying you should do the same, or that I know what was wrong with it - but that's what happened! Lol!

All the way from the bonnie banks of Loch Lomand!....well, Paisley.... but that's close enough! Smiley
kungfukid  
IP Logged

WhiteDRG
God Member

Du bist ein berliner?
;)

Germany

Reply #8 - 27. Jul 2006 at 09:21

Put it into your freezer for about one week. I'm not joking ! This might be a way to fix it.

**** WhiteDRG ****
IP Logged

jajaja
God Member

Reply #9 - 27. Jul 2006 at 10:19

Thanks for the help all Smiley Put it in the freezer? Sounds wierd hehe, how does it help?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print