Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
was it done yet? (Read 1546 times)
hayabusa_fmw
Forum Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

was it done yet?
25. Jul 2006 at 20:38

long ago i used to come here

& i remember someone selling carts to make them multiple games in 1

I was wondering if he ever finished it & selling the kits?

How hard would it be to Hack a Nes Cart to make it Flashable to The game you like per cart?. like 1 at a time?.

thanks!

IP Logged

Michael the Great
God Member

Only 751 to go for a complete
set!

Re: was it done yet?
Reply #1 - 25. Jul 2006 at 22:12

The real issue is that there are so many different configurations inside NES carts that compatability with most games for one cart is very difficult.

edit:  oh and it's been a long time since he's edited his site or returned email so most think his steam ran out...
« Last Edit: 25. Jul 2006 at 22:15 by Michael the Great »  
grumpynes  
IP Logged

hayabusa_fmw
Forum Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - 26. Jul 2006 at 00:37

okay let say for a range of game like... MM2 or castlevania 2

let say

IP Logged

Michael the Great
God Member

set!

Reply #3 - 26. Jul 2006 at 20:40

Megaman II and Castlevania are both mmc1 boards but castlevania has chr rom while Megaman II has chr ram.  The guy who was making the flash board wouldn't have been able to run megaman II on it. 

The only way you're going to be able to get this done for yourself is to study up on nes game boards (nesdev.com has lots of resources), buy an eprom/flash programmer, get a soldering iron, and make multiple homemade carts.  You'd make the carts with sockets on them so that you can unplug the 29F flash memory and be able to flash new games on them. 

Most games have two chips, so you'll have to program both chips seperately.  Where you get roms, they are usually .nes files.  You'll need to learn how to remove the header and properly split the files.

You could play the majority of the games on less than 10 home made carts.  You could probably play most of the games you would want to play on less than 5 if you pick and choose. 

There is currently no simpler solution.

grumpynes  
IP Logged

hayabusa_fmw
Forum Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - 27. Jul 2006 at 00:35

is it hard to Come by??

I mean i got a soldering iron... i did some joystick project ...
wich was to solder wires on a nes controller..

I would like to know how to make at least 1 homemade cart.. like to put letsay anygame , castlevania just for the heck of doing it & that it works.,...

that are the tools needed?

isn't there a possible way to make it usb or pc transfer instead of removing chips & flashing with a device???...

IP Logged

Michael the Great
God Member

set!

Reply #5 - 27. Jul 2006 at 11:30

Hey, no offence, but this will be my last post in this topic.

From where it seems that your skill levels are, there is no way you're going to be making a usb programmer/nes cart in one.  What you're talking about is building an eprom programmer on a game board board (flash programmer).  You're talking about prototyping out circuit boards and writing the software.  I'm too lazy to take up a project like this.  I think the guy you were talking about earlier worked on his for over a year before running out of steam.  Not to mention all the money he put into it.

Try something simple first.  Take an excitebike.  Unsolder both the eproms.  Find yourself the milk and nuts rom.  Research the ines header and figure how to properly split the rom and remove the header.  Fill 2 27C512 erpoms with the chr and prg (create files to burn that repeats the chr and the prg to the full size of the chips).  If you want to use this cart for other carts, solder some sockets down first.  Plug the eproms into the correct sockets.  Play the game! 

Those early games are the simplist because they require no rewiring.  It only gets more fun from there!  Good luck!

grumpynes  
IP Logged

hayabusa_fmw
Forum Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - 27. Jul 2006 at 15:12

thanks alot my friend

i was gonna do that un-solder  buy eproms & put sockets so i can remove them easyly:)

thanks alot!!!Smiley

I now need to know how to put a .nes into a eprom programer how to split it & everything ill do research now:)

thanks again!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print