Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
nes games a good investment?? (Read 5334 times)
wrldstrman

complete nes game hound

wv

Re: nes games a good investment??
Reply #15 - 02. Aug 2006 at 03:54

have to be just for fun for me ..games you can collect and play..its hard to play a baseball card or coin..but if i was investing in something i would go for gold

IP Logged

cd_vision
Forum Newbie

Phoenix, AZ

Reply #16 - 02. Aug 2006 at 05:19

Collecting loose carts is not something I would call an investment. If you are buying up sealed games or collecting boxes and manuals where it's near certain you could sell for more later, that is.

It's not likely that you could sell a collection of loose carts for more than what you paid for them.  Most lots I see for sale can price as low as $1/cart average.

Even if you do collect the boxed/sealed games the price threshold may be approaching. Interest in NES games will start to decrease as Atari carts have, and sealed games that have batteries are just time bombs.

So I would say no, this is not investing. Buying stock in Kinder Morgan energy partners or Wells Fargo co., that's investing.

IP Logged

jajaja
God Member

Reply #17 - 02. Aug 2006 at 11:06

cd_vision wrote on 02. Aug 2006 at 05:19:
Even if you do collect the boxed/sealed games the price threshold may be approaching. Interest in NES games will start to decrease as Atari carts have, and sealed games that have batteries are just time bombs.

Not sounding rude here, but on what facts/experience do you base the statement on that the interest for NES games will start to decrease? And what do you mean with time bombs?

Imo i think the opposite will happend. Wii will have the possibility to download old NES games. I think this will increase the interest for NES.
« Last Edit: 02. Aug 2006 at 11:07 by jajaja »  

IP Logged

Speedy_NES
God Member

Belgium

Reply #18 - 02. Aug 2006 at 11:44

Concerning your Atari reference, I know that the common games aren't worth much, but isn't it true that the rare Atari games have had a continued increase in price/value over the years?  I think in the long-run, when rarity of certain items becomes clear, the commons go for very cheap and the rares go for very high prices.

IP Logged

coinheaven
God Member

I don't trust books; they're
all fact, no heart.

Reply #19 - 02. Aug 2006 at 13:57

jajaja wrote on 02. Aug 2006 at 11:06:

Not sounding rude here, but on what facts/experience do you base the statement on that the interest for NES games will start to decrease? And what do you mean with time bombs?

Imo i think the opposite will happend. Wii will have the possibility to download old NES games. I think this will increase the interest for NES.

apparently the batteries in sealed games will start to leak after they expire (i guess due to the heat?)

IP Logged

jajaja
God Member

Reply #20 - 02. Aug 2006 at 14:24

Well.. ye, that might be, but you dont open sealed games Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print