Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
any vinyl record collectors here? (Read 6533 times)
justabum
God Member

Midwest

any vinyl record collectors here?
18. Sep 2006 at 05:08

If so, I'm looking for some advice.  I have probably the rarest pearl jam vinyl ever released still sealed, brand new.  Is ebay the best place to go about selling it?  If so, what should I expect to get for this....

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/justabum1/IMG_0631.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/justabum1/IMG_0632.jpg

http://www.twofeetthick.com/articleread.do?id=26

Any tips would be great Smiley

Bryan

If consequenses dictate your course of action, then it doesn't matter what is right, it's only wrong if you get caught.  -maynard james keenan
essissence  
IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Re: any vinyl record collectors here?
Reply #1 - 18. Sep 2006 at 14:59

How sure are you that you have the real thing? I ask because those posters are quite common and it wouldn't take much to toss a record in between, wrap it up and sell it. I imagine that's why the bootleggers used it. You ought to be certain, and my tip would be to express how certain you about it to skeptical record collectors.

IP Logged

dangevin

Nibbly Pibbly

Pottstown, PA

Reply #2 - 18. Sep 2006 at 16:18

If it's not clear you can run your auction as follows:

Give the eventual winner of the auction two choices:

the can take the complete sealed item, it stays sealed, end of story. It looks the part and any sealed collector would be happy with it.

The buyer, if they're just going to open and play it anyways or open it to display the vinyl outside the sleeve, can also request upon payment that you open the item and send a picture of the record inside. If it's the real deal, the item's paid for and you can ship. If it's not you just refund the money to the buyer, no harm no foul.

Either way protect yourself, save all communications, and get delivery confirmation. Only ship to the US, UK and Canada (you must use Global Express to these countries ONLY), and only to confirmed addresses.

Nice find.

-dan
« Last Edit: 18. Sep 2006 at 16:19 by dangevin »  

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
IP Logged

justabum
God Member

Midwest

Reply #3 - 18. Sep 2006 at 16:40

Well I'm pretty sure its the real deal.  You can feel the records in the case and it shows no signs of being a reprint or anything of the sort.  I have had it for about  eight years along with tons of other pearl jam vinyls i used to collect.  I hadn't thought about them in years until I came across them while moving.  Thanks for the tips guys.

Bryan

If consequenses dictate your course of action, then it doesn't matter what is right, it's only wrong if you get caught.  -maynard james keenan
essissence  
IP Logged

burnambill333
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 19. Sep 2006 at 07:34

How much do you think this would bring in on eBay?  Back when I used to collect Nirvana albums, I know the Nirvana Love Buzz vinyl used to bring in around 1K.  This kinda thing is so cool, especially sealed.  Post a link to the auction if/when you get it up on eBay.

-Nick

IP Logged

justabum
God Member

Midwest

Reply #5 - 19. Sep 2006 at 18:10

I have no idea what this will bring.  I've been searching around to get some sort of benchmark or something sort of similar to have a rough idea of what to expect but really haven't had much luck.

I'm mostly trying to determine if its worth my time.  If its gonna bring $100 or so, I would rather keep it but if its going to bring closer to the $1000 range then I am probably going to sell it.

Either way, I guess the only way to find out is to list it.  I haven't sold much on ebay so its probably going to take me till the end of the week to type up conditions of the auction and everything to protect myself (want to make sure everything is worded right).  I'll let you know when it gets listed.

Bryan

essissence  
IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 19. Sep 2006 at 18:20

Maybe the best bet is to put a starting bid of what you want to get for it. If $1,000 is what you want, even though you don't know the worth, start it out at $1,000. That way you won't be disappointed if you start it out low and it goes nowhere. Cheap listing days are great for just this kind of thing. I don't think a BIN at $1,000 would be a good idea, because for all you know it could be worth much more. Beats me, though.

IP Logged

WhiteDRG
God Member

Du bist ein berliner?
;)

Germany

Reply #7 - 20. Sep 2006 at 12:47

I'm not a collector, but I know and love the vinyl business. Not that I'm able to give you a qualified answer, but I'd say it's worth a lot. Try to do what JC said. I'm almost sure you can get 1k for this LP.

**** WhiteDRG ****
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print