Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The system can blow up? (Read 19266 times)
JC
Ex Member

Re: The system can blow up?
Reply #15 - 08. Oct 2008 at 20:48

Hmm...it's unusual that you got a Taiwanese adaptor but a Japanese Famicom, but I guess it's possible. And there actually may not be a problem with the output from the adaptor to the Famicom. If you compare the Japanese and Taiwanese Famicom outputs, they're both DC10V 850mA, + ------ C------- -. The only problem then is the input from the outlet to the adaptor, which is a +10V into the adaptor, again with the Famicom having a voltage regulator to help cope.

IP Logged

Stuttering Sam
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD KICKS ASS!

Reply #16 - 10. Oct 2008 at 16:15

Quote:
Hmm...it's unusual that you got a Taiwanese adaptor but a Japanese Famicom, but I guess it's possible. And there actually may not be a problem with the output from the adaptor to the Famicom. If you compare the Japanese and Taiwanese Famicom outputs, they're both DC10V 850mA, + ------ C------- -. The only problem then is the input from the outlet to the adaptor, which is a +10V into the adaptor, again with the Famicom having a voltage regulator to help cope.

So what should I do to be on the safe side?

IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11. Oct 2008 at 00:08

I use a converter and will alway recommend using one -- though the Famicom can handle extra V, it wasn't built for a consistent or constant input of extra V, I'd imagine. I don't know how easy it will be to find a converter for a 10V difference.

IP Logged

Stuttering Sam
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD KICKS ASS!

Reply #18 - 14. Oct 2008 at 19:08

Quote:
I use a converter and will alway recommend using one -- though the Famicom can handle extra V, it wasn't built for a consistent or constant input of extra V, I'd imagine. I don't know how easy it will be to find a converter for a 10V difference.

I was referring to the fact that I've been using a Taiwanese adapter with a japanese system...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print