Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
n64 collectors (Read 3537 times)
Dutch nes gamer
God Member

holland

n64 collectors
20. Oct 2008 at 19:09

Great to see this section on nesworld  Smiley
This is a picture of my n64 PAL collection so far.
Im trying to get a complete n64 pal set.

Started collecting for the n64 this year and really love it Cheesy

Im also working on a n64 PAL game list with :

- all pal n64 games released for the system
-all pal n64 box variations
-unreleased n64 games
-and more

the complete list for the pal n64 collector

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Re: n64 collectors
Reply #1 - 20. Oct 2008 at 23:28

PAL Hercules... you lucky bastard Smiley

Crappy game, but also hard to find. Oh and I plan to add my updated list of unreleased N64 games by the end of the week, I've been browsing stacks of mags the past few days.
« Last Edit: 20. Oct 2008 at 23:30 by Martin »  

Seen on #NESWORLD (on efnet)...
[Ace`] i like my HES cases to have arse prints on them
WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

NESaholic
God Member

Obscurist maximus

The Netherlands

Reply #2 - 21. Oct 2008 at 09:26

Nice collecting man, i am only hunting down dev stuff for N64.
Martin if you need some scans lemme know.

NESaholic NeSaHoLiC  
IP Logged

Dutch nes gamer
God Member

holland

Reply #3 - 21. Oct 2008 at 11:25

Martin wrote on 20. Oct 2008 at 23:28:
PAL Hercules... you lucky bastard Smiley

Crappy game, but also hard to find. Oh and I plan to add my updated list of unreleased N64 games by the end of the week, I've been browsing stacks of mags the past few days.

Thanks, hercules is a real late release jan 2001 + the fact that the game is from titus (famous for its small number releases)makes it  hard to find.

Cheesy Funny to see that you work the same way i do.
For my n64 PAL list (that is complete on paper but ..i have a lot of work left with the computer file adding pictures etc.)

My research has been mostly done by spitting trew old n64 mags. (i have a complete offical U.K. nintendo magazine collection from 1993 till dec 2001 Smiley
+ a lot of dutch n64 magazines.
I have been trew them all and collected all the info.

After that i searched on the internet AND i visited and talked to toy and game stores.

would love to see your list of unreleased n64 to compair it to mine Wink
If you need some help or pictures just ask maybe i can help.

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #4 - 21. Oct 2008 at 13:48

I'll see what I can do about posting the list tonight, I think I've got most stuff covered by now. I've actually also planned a list explaining names changes during development, some games like Aidyn Chronicles had a few name changes before reaching the final and others like Turrican 64 which became Thornado due to a disagreement with the owners of Turrican. It was then put on hold and later converted to a Gamecube project before eventually getting canned after some 3 years into development.

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Dutch nes gamer
God Member

holland

Reply #5 - 21. Oct 2008 at 14:40

Take your time Martin,my list is planned for early december,yep im a perfectionist Roll Eyes

Yes the n64 is a great system to collect for (although most people see it as nintendo's weakest system Cry

collection + points for me

- the last (nintendo) console that used carts
-cheap to collect for
-Its possible to get a complete PAL set (unlike nes Sad )
-collecting is easy if you go for carts BUT cib is a different story and the challenge is there

AND the cancelled/transfered game stories are great and incredible Grin
unheared off

The boys of rare (wtf happend to you rare?)are king with KAMEO .
Announced at almost the same time as perfect dark for the n64 the game got released for the xbox360 Lips Sealed OMG 

Eternal darkness is also a well know game for the n64 that got transfered... to the gamecube Cheesy 1 generation later instead of 2.
The game looked better on the gamecube but i feel that the game better fitted the n64 console.

These are 2 of the most famous canned/transfered n64 games.
But my personal favorite canned tittle is the smurfs im a infogrames fan Smiley

PS : funny btw that you mentioned hercules and not snowboard kids 2 (australia only and 1 of the most rare n64 games)

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #6 - 21. Oct 2008 at 15:35

Hercules and Snowboard Kids 2 (PAL) are both on my wanted list, they have to be CIB though...

I settled with a US copy of snowboard kids 2 way back and regretted it ever since.

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Dutch nes gamer
God Member

holland

Reply #7 - 21. Oct 2008 at 16:36

When i had put my mind to a cib PAL n64 set i did something that most collectors would never do..

I started with the top dogs.. the hardest to get first.
first off where the 5 pal australian only games (you can see them in line on the picture)

Snowboardkids 2 was funny,i wanted it bad and i was hypped when a cib came on australian ebay.
I was first to bid and made a typo on my second bid  1K instead off 100 Shocked  off course i was not outbid Grin and won it . I Think i paid about 250 euro at the end including shipping.

Hercules i got cib for 15 euro on dutch internet sites (
[/color] i can get you a nice copy with manual for 10 euro)[color=#ffffff]

If your interested martin? maybe you can find a box later?

I saw hercules cib on ebay UK for a real high amount 200 euro plus some time back didn't know if it sold.

most people think that paper mario and mario party 3 are rare because of late release.

But the truth is that games like rakugakids ,rush 2049 and rat attack are much rarer.
Why? small release numbers Wink
The current gen (xbox360,wii.ps3)has no small releases anymore by small companies (unlike n64)

[color=#ffff00][/color]
BTW can anybody confirm (by picture Cheesy would be a miracle)that battlezone rise of the blackdogs excists as pal version?
I have searched about a year now for the pal version and begin to doubt it does excists Huh

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #8 - 21. Oct 2008 at 18:27

I liked the first snowboard kids game a lot, it's most definately one of my favourite N64 games, the sequel however was alright but not that great really... but I do wonder why Atlus made it aussie only.

I managed to get a CIB Rakuga Kids PAL a while back in pretty decent condition... I'm currently searching for Rat Attack as well.

Once I have Rat Attack, Hercules and Snowboard Kids 2 my PAL collection will have passed all the hard to find titles. yay Smiley

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print