Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mystical Ninja prototype community dump (Read 9907 times)
boredom123
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Mystical Ninja prototype community dump
16. Jul 2009 at 02:26

Hi all. I've come here mostly to spread info on a recent community funding to try to get a prototype of Mystical Ninja(the first game, not Goemon's Great Adventure) dumped. Someone got interested in it after seeing it appear among a list of tons of other prototypes that DreamTR owns. Just check throughout this topic :
http://forums.hidden-palace.org/viewtopic.php?t=2815&postdays=0&postorder=asc&st...

Since this is for the sale of the data ONLY, and also it is a gamble as DreamTR won't check games for people to tell the differences between the released game, if any, this is most definitely only for serious fans of Goemon or n64 games generally.
I can't donate myself, but I'd be interested in seeing if this may be something that has a lot of content removed from the final. There will apparently be a posting about this at unseen64.com over the weekend as well, which is when this will become more of a public community funding, but as of right now it's mostly confinded to this topic at hidden-palace plus one on the unseen64 boards.

Man that was a lot of typing Smiley But anyway just thought I'd spread the word.

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Re: Mystical Ninja prototype community dump
Reply #1 - 16. Jul 2009 at 13:10

How much is he asking for the rom dump?

Seen on #NESWORLD (on efnet)...
[Ace`] i like my HES cases to have arse prints on them
WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Dutch nes gamer
God Member

holland

Reply #2 - 16. Jul 2009 at 13:26

If found many n64 prototypes and read articles from Martin and the only thing i can say is: is it worth it?
Im not trying to crap on your thread here but all the proto's i had for the n64 and read about didn't have any changes at all. Huh

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #3 - 16. Jul 2009 at 13:51

Well I have several N64 protos with changes (incomplete) like Top Gear Hyperbike, already dumped free of charge, so there's a chance that this game could be a "gem".

I remember playing Goemon a lot back in the day - however I played the Japanese version and understood absolutely nothing of it haha, but a great game anyway and I still managed to progress in the game, heh.

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

boredom123
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #4 - 17. Jul 2009 at 01:09

Sorry, I should have posted the prices in case people didn't find it throughout the topic. The total needed is I believe $350. ATM though I think that a couple have donated and there's $270 left. So if enough people donate at the least $20, we could get somewhere soon enough Smiley

This is where you send donations in case you can't figure it out
http://www.hidden-palace.org/?contribute

And make sure to specifically note when you send the money that it is for this game that you're donating towards Tongue

Dutch nes gamer: There's no telling if it's worth it. As I said in the beginnig post of the thread, DreamTR doesn't check the games for people. It's a gamble, which is why it should only be for people that are serious and don't mind taking the chance. I think it best that a lot of people donate $20 or less each just so they don't make a huge loss in case it's not worth it. Imagine how much worst it'd be if it were just one person aying for the whole thing only to get the final game in return  Shocked

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #5 - 17. Jul 2009 at 12:29

Well even though I think it's overpriced i'll support the project...

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

boredom123
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #6 - 01. Aug 2009 at 11:35

Going by recent postings on the hidden palace message board this is starting to not look too likely to be anything worth the $300 price tag. Especially considering the point brought up that n64 carts cost lots to produce so they opted for keeping data on pcs and not burning a new rom every single time they had a new revision of a game, I can see this ending up just like Dutch nes gamer said.

But of course there always the chance it isn't. Ah well, you know you're making a gamble from the beginning anyway Tongue

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #7 - 02. Aug 2009 at 12:39

I doubt it's anything too interesting, but keep in mind that flash carts were used by bug testers so it is actually possible to find real gems.

I own a Top Gear Hyperbike version which not only includes a high resolution that didn't make it into the final, but the game is also far from complete, missing its titlescreen and featuring a Dinosaur rider.

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print