Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Introducing the First Annual HomeBrew Awards (Read 1227 times)
Video Game Trader
Forum Newbie

Editor - Video Game Trader
Magazine

Introducing the First Annual HomeBrew Awards
06. Aug 2009 at 04:09

Hello everyone,

I am working on putting together the first ever (at least to my knowledge) HomeBrew awards ceremony. We are planning on giving awards for multiple categories.

I was wondering if I could ask for some of your help.

1. I need to put together the categories that will be used. I am thinking of the following categories:

* Game of the Year
* Greatest Technological Achievement in a Homebrew Game
* Best Remake
* Rookie Programmer of the Year
* Lifetime Achievement Award

What other categories should be included? Any homebrew released on cartridge/CD form in 2009 will qualify to be nominated. Various newsgroups/forums will be polled the last quarter 2009 and first quarter 2010 with awards being provided in Spring of 2010. The Summer issue of Video Game Trader will provide a feature story about the awards and I am trying to get some TV coverage as well.

2. As we move forward with the awards program (due in the spring), we need to come up with a name. I would really like to pay homage to two pioneers of the Video Game World: William Higinbotham (who created one of the first video games, Tennis for Two) and Ralph Baer (who created the very first Video Game System that hooked up to a TV, the Odyssey).

Please let me know how these sound: The Baer Higinbotham Award, The Higinbotham Baer Award, The Ralph Baer Award, The William Higinbotham Award or the Odyssey Award.

What do you think? Please provide your feedback. Whatever name is chosen, will most likely be the name of the award forever. Smiley

Any other help and/or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom Sansone
www.VideoGameTrader.com

PS. Homebrew Authors, feel free to start contacting me about nominating your game now.

Video Game Trader Magazine - www.VideoGameTrader.com

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Re: Introducing the First Annual HomeBrew Awards
Reply #1 - 06. Aug 2009 at 22:05

I love the idea, but I'm not in favour of any of the award names to be honest.... I'd go for something more "generic" like "Game Brewers Award".

Plus if you'd name an award after someone you'd deffinately need their acceptance..

Seen on #NESWORLD (on efnet)...
[Ace`] i like my HES cases to have arse prints on them
WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print