Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Nintendo 64 lost games and prototypes (Read 4135 times)
Glover
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Nintendo 64 lost games and prototypes
02. May 2011 at 17:31

Okay I am new here and I hope my very first topic is going to attract anyone's attention here, I want to talk about some of my favorite 64 games which never made it to the stores and wanted to share my theories about them also I want to see screenshots or video if I request for any please post them here.

Our first exciting stop is Glover 2 yes glover was one of those cool games  I used to play when I was a kid of the 90's I saw like two videos of this sequel and wanted to see more levels like the "water boss" and the "end of game" so I want to know more about the levels not seen in the video please I am very curious to know of the two levels I mention above I am a fan of glover and would like to see him cut those trees in the woods level in action.

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Re: Nintendo 64 lost games and prototypes
Reply #1 - 03. May 2011 at 17:39

Hi

I'll see what I can do, but I have very little time to work on anything website related these days, so the time that I do have goes into adding new material to the site.

But as said... I'll see what I can do Smiley

Seen on #NESWORLD (on efnet)...
[Ace`] i like my HES cases to have arse prints on them
WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Glover
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #2 - 03. May 2011 at 22:58

Thanks very much for the reply you are the guy who played Glover 2 right? so how did you manage to find this really cool game? when I check Ebay for those kind of prototypes I don't get to see much of those so I think they are very hard to find, Anyway this thread I posted here is about  early nintendo 64 games and games never made it to the stores, as a big Kirby fan I would love to see more of Kirby's air ride 64 I was looking forward to this cool game as a kid I know alot of cool 64 games being dropped to the grave before they hit the shelves so I am going to make a list here of my favorite early 64 games to see.

List of wanted to see nintendo 64 early games and lost games.

Kirby's air ride 64
Glover 2
Space station silicon valley (prototype or early demo)
Pokemon snap (prototype or early demo)
Project dream (very early banjo prototype)
Yoshi's island 64 (early Yoshi story)
Super mario 64 2
Conker twelve tales 64 (early Conker bad fur day)

If anyone find prototype or demo carts of these please post videos of your gameplay here I would love to see more of these games! Also thanks Martin for looking at my first topic! I just want to see what is the water boss level and the end of game level, Do you think you got time to take at least one screenshot of both levels? and whenever you are not busy can you tell me anything about what are the bosses of Glover 2 if you know of any? I would love to know more about this lost game!

IP Logged

Pipat4
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #3 - 21. Jun 2011 at 18:29

Thank you for the interesting thing.

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #4 - 08. Aug 2011 at 21:10

I took a chance on Glover 2 as it wasn't sold as Glover 2.... sometimes you're lucky while you mostly just end up with near retail versions of games.

Glover cost me quite a bit, but I'm happy I decided to go for it.
« Last Edit: 08. Aug 2011 at 21:12 by Martin »  

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Branon
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #5 - 09. Aug 2011 at 03:50

I'm a bit sad that I missed the Conker Twelve Tales that went on ebay for $14,000 a couple of years back. I would have bought and dumped it for everybody.

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #6 - 09. Aug 2011 at 17:44

14k is a bit much for a proto tho... but sure it would've been awesome to own that one.

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

takeshi385
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #7 - 05. Sep 2011 at 01:37

I would love to see mother 3 for the n64 , but i guess it has been talked to death.

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #8 - 05. Sep 2011 at 11:50

yeah and afaik it never made it past a very early alpha.... so it's pretty much not even playable.

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #9 - 05. Sep 2011 at 12:08

yeah and afaik it never made it past a very early alpha.... so it's pretty much not even playable.

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

takeshi385
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #10 - 06. Sep 2011 at 00:00

actually from a report for a guy who worked on mother 3 was had a chance to play it , and in an interview with the guy he said that it was from what played was a level and a half the second part being extremely buggy . but then went on to say that when looking at some of the screen shots of the game he said there may have been more to the game than what he initially saw.

IP Logged

Ultra64
God Member

Michigan

Reply #11 - 06. Sep 2011 at 04:31

Just play Mother 3 for GBA~

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #12 - 06. Sep 2011 at 23:34

Okay I am going to say it, since I know how stupid people are. You can fly to Japan, check in to APE studios and play Mother 3 at APE. They have it their for play, along with the demo carts. I am not joshing you at all. How original is that.

Duh, just ask em.

I bet you could even walk up to them, and buy a game from them, or pledge how much of a fan you are, and your love for mother.

Better yet why not go on an dig with Shigesato Itoi, and gain his freindship.

Also I think the reason why a game has not surfaced is that people are trying to protect the value of the game. If somebody uploads it, they are just being jerks.

Like the wonder person who kidnapped starfox II, uploaded it and returned it. That is probably another reason why Mother III is not up yet.

IP Logged

takeshi385
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #13 - 08. Sep 2011 at 19:21

i don't agree you say people don't want it to be found so the value goes up , but if no-one has then there is no worth. i would like it to be dump for preservation purposes. but by what i am reading you wan the cart's EPROMs to succumb to bit rot and there for it will become a blank çartridge.

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #14 - 08. Sep 2011 at 20:24

N64 protos aren't eproms though... but flash chips Wink

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2