Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My AV Famicom with rgb, s-video, composite, stereo (Read 3287 times)
TheDrakon
Forum Newbie

I Love YaBB 2!

My AV Famicom with rgb, s-video, composite, stereo
22. May 2011 at 17:03

I think this system is pretty much as good as a famicom/nes can possibly get.  This system outputs very clean rgb, s-video, and composite video all through the multi av port on the back.  This system has no jailbar interference at all showing up on my tv.  The audio from this system has been completely rewired into a custom circuit that makes the sound louder, makes the bass level perfect, and also mixes all the audio perfectly (including advanced audio from games with custom audio chips like castlevania 3 j).  I'm currently working on three commissions for the same type of system.  I now have all the proper tools to build these systems as safely as possible.  Here's a picture of the internals of my system:

All of this custom circuitry fits perfectly inside of the case:

For the ppu socket I use a precision socket that's fully wired (the kits I use seperate the required pins of the rgb ppu from the famicom pcb so there's no need to seperate pins of the socket on the famicom pcb).  Therefore if you ever feel like making your av famicom use the original composite ppu again all you need to do is pull out the kit and stick the composite ppu into the socket:

However if you choose to get the advanced audio mod done and would want the option to go back to the original audio I would have to wire up a seperate connector to allow you to reconnect all the original pcb traces.

Here's some screenshots comparing the s-video from my system vs composite video from a standard av famicom:

Here's a youtube vid I uploaded showing the difference in audio quality before and after I did the advanced audio mod.  If you listen to this video using a headset you can really hear how nicely the stereo seperation works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLGo_P-MNG4&feature=player_embedded

If you want to get in contact with me it's best to contact me through my small forum here:

http://consolemods.freeforums.org/

Hope you people enjoy this  Wink
« Last Edit: 22. May 2011 at 17:11 by TheDrakon »  

IP Logged

Nightowljrm

Re: My AV Famicom with rgb, s-video, composite, stereo
Reply #1 - 15. Sep 2011 at 23:16

I just see you everywhere, don't I? Lol.

Too bad these boards are DEAD.

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Re: My AV Famicom with rgb, s-video, composite, stereo
Reply #2 - 22. Sep 2011 at 17:31

Well that is nice, you altered something that worked perfectly fine because another hardware device has sucky RF or Composite output. Great for those RGB fanatics, I guess.

That is the way I see it now. People buying flatscreens, or who owns a weak televsion, and alters the game system just to get good output on what the hardware only can produce.

I understand that RGB is the limit but I like the consumer model base.

You know what would be nice? A NES with a built in sound woofer Grin You mention you got the base louder, and with a cd console, that is impossible because the jumping sound from base ( like a base guitar or heavy drums ) instrument
makes the cd jump, and knocks out the sound.

That is what I use for one of my game systems. This way when something makes the sound jump, you can hear it echo on threw floor ( retro seventies style Cool Cool ) . You could also achieve this with an old old school stereo and special tools.

What is funny, no matter how much I turn up the base, any electrical guitar instruments never seem to make the woofer jump. It sounds so clean no matter what.

« Last Edit: 22. Sep 2011 at 18:08 by RegalSin »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print