Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
where did everyone go? (Read 23383 times)
Ultra64
God Member

Michigan

where did everyone go?
26. Aug 2011 at 17:27

i havent been on the site since 2006 and its totally different. Seems like 90% of the regulars have left and 90% of the NES posts are Garbage.

IP Logged

dudekind_jack
Forum Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: where did everyone go?
Reply #1 - 28. Aug 2011 at 00:14

this place was packed with people when i first joined years ago. i forgot about it for years, and when i remembered this place, theys hardly anyone here now. i think facebook has took its toll on a lot of boards. there is another board im a member of, and everyone there uses facebook now.  no one hardly gets on it at all now.

IP Logged

Nightowljrm

Reply #2 - 28. Aug 2011 at 22:14

I came here looking for another forum to join, and it's been pretty much dead... A lot of NES posts are garbage (including mine), but it's full of small talk because no one will respond to larger posts when there's not much of a community ... I'd like to see it revived, though. I imagine this place was great at some point.

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #3 - 31. Aug 2011 at 20:28

I just came from famciom world, and this my two cents.

Lets be honest. A bunch of videogame fans who are in western  hemisphere, are disrespected, lazy, and lives are practically shitted on.

We can compete, with the east, only to be showed with
"Your not Japanese, stop being creative crap" and what is more terrifying, is that while we love videogames, and other fiction, we have let that ability to create, when should have been flying out the window.

It is like being dragged threw the mud, and your made out of
cream of god. That is it.

The westerner game front, has been one big slap in the face, to creativity and arts. 3d is basically the same as paintings, since a painting is created to show off features and details.
THAT IS WHY 3D IS RULES, NOT BECAUSE WESTERNS CAN'T DRAW BUT BECAUSE WESTERNS WHO WANT TO BE CREATIVE IN THE ARTS FEILDS ARE LIMITED.

To make things, worst while a videogame can be great most people who can't draw programs games, instead. Just being a blasted programmers gets you respect, but man I have yet to see a programmer, from the west to make anything great.

OUR media is not respected, and that is it. It is not my fault, or yours. It is everybody fault. The way people attitudes and culture is pushing for a specfic example.

What information are you looking for.

IP Logged

Ultra64
God Member

Michigan

Reply #4 - 31. Aug 2011 at 20:56

your two cents should be under a different topic.

IP Logged

Nightowljrm

Reply #5 - 01. Sep 2011 at 02:10

Ultra64 wrote on 31. Aug 2011 at 20:56:
your two cents should be under a different topic.

Not to mention it was just ridiculous.

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #6 - 01. Sep 2011 at 02:18

Why?

It relates to idea I was thinking.

Facebook is only powered by users. You keep using date book it keeps getting stronger, like the god forsaken cell phones, and cable televsion. Get smart and stop using facebook.

IP Logged

vvvDINOvvv

Reply #7 - 20. Sep 2011 at 16:50

Maybe if we try, we can revive Nes World.

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #8 - 20. Sep 2011 at 20:45

Good luck Wink

I have no idea of how to get people to join, so i'm open for ideas

Seen on #NESWORLD (on efnet)...
[Ace`] i like my HES cases to have arse prints on them
WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #9 - 21. Sep 2011 at 01:37

Well, why don't you checkout what other websites in the 2d feild are doing to attract users?

It is like when I started a comic book club. We had old school and new school people the first time around. The second time around one member ( the old school person ) bailed ( because they found work ), and the other member ( the game person ) bailed. So I was left with the New school person who did not have much input. Then we tried to get
new members to continue where we left off. Instead we got
a snobbish person who came from Russia to proclaim "USA has no artists" and they were here to take our jobs. I have nothing against the Russians, but seriously that one person is so negative. Advice, do not hire a Russian artist who only reads Stephen King Comics. Then we got another person who used phycology tatics on art. After that I never called anybody back.

The problem is that I lost the old school person. The person who knows what War of the Gems is, Darkstalkers, and stuff before Dragon ball. The person who can look at various artworks and see nice work from bad. They were studying painting.

The new school person was drawing from instructions instead of heart. I mean they made some nice stuff, which they were proud of but they did not have enough spirit ( confidence ) to do other work, they called difficult.

The videogame person was lazy. I kept asking him and asking him to work but the guy just made little scribbles that was smaller then a quarter. I mean thumb nails are one thing but man I think about it. Videogame people are lazy, and this guy wants to become a game designer. He makes me think of myself if I had never gotten off my high horse and actually did some work.

That is what exactly what happens to this community.

The old school people have moved on to the other things.
Or has gotten fired, gotten pregnant, or gotten jobs. The new school people are flowing into whatever is considered popular. The videogame people are just being lazy bums, who
are just hanging around for the conversations to feed their addictions.

The same thing with the comic book people, programming people, people who are smug about high culture art, along with the teather people. They have moved on, or wants to be where the party is ( where the youth is ). Even if the youth is dumb as tar, they feel more alive around them, instead of old people.

If you look at my history and see all the forums I have visited, you can go to them and see all the same people from my club.

The old school people
The new school people
The people with ADD syndrome.
Then their are people who want to get some things done.

Who am I. I am just bored out of my mind and want somebody to talk about fiction, and maybe get some knowledge. I know their is irony in my words but hey,
everybody is like that.

The biggest problems is that your losing all the old school people, and they are not calculating costs, or prices correctly. Because they are comparing prices to prices of gas in their car, and food on their table. Most old school people are just ADD bastards with jobs, and never do anything, while some are just fine.

IP Logged

albailey

My NES collecting is getting
out of hand

Ottawa

Reply #10 - 11. Oct 2011 at 15:43

Martin, you've got some fantastic info on this site. 
I'm constantly amazed at the amount of information you are able to obtain and provide.

I think a lot of heavy thread-posters from the pre-2007 era ended up finishing their NES collections (or close to it).

Al

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #11 - 22. Oct 2011 at 20:33

Hey Al

Thanks, and thanks again for stopping by, I really appreciate it Smiley

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Gundam_Pilot_
God Member

Olmsted Falls, OH

Reply #12 - 25. Oct 2011 at 02:30

I have a great idea. Tell people this site isnt full of fags like NA is and you will attract a mass following! Oh and also say you have Supervisions for sale!
« Last Edit: 25. Oct 2011 at 02:31 by Gundam_Pilot_ »  

WWW Utterlyrandomguy  
IP Logged

sevin0seven
Forum Newbie

Retro Gamer

Bay Area, CA

Reply #13 - 25. Oct 2011 at 17:25

this is indeed a great site. a lot of good info and reviews on the front page. we also have a nice small community in the forum Cool

WWW sevin0seven  
IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #14 - 26. Oct 2011 at 12:36

NA has grown a lot, gotta give Dain credit for that.... but it seems they're beginning to experience the same problems as any other community, ripoffs and such

and that's a damn shame.

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print