Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
All's Well That Ends Well... (Read 5591 times)
jdc
Forum Newbie

Mountain View, CA

All's Well That Ends Well...
21. Apr 2012 at 11:18

I have some disheartening news for most visitors (including the moderators), and will probably come as a surprise to many.  I ask that folks here read it with an open mind.

All good things...

I'm going around to certain forums of the more popular sites we host and provide a link to this, as I don't have recent/active Email addresses for everyone.  And in some cases (like NESWorld), I want to be as open and up front as possible.

There are a lot of reasons (some financial, many personal) for my decision, but I ask that folks be as respectful of it as much as possible.  I know it will be a stressor, as change this big often results in shock and disappointment or frustration, but please understand that it's something that I have been thinking about for the past 6 months and finally came to a decision.  Making that decision was one of the most difficult things I've had to do in my entire life.

If you have any comments/concerns/etc. that you'd rather not voice publicly, contact me here (or via any of the mentioned means) and I'll do my best to answer.

Remember: keep your chins up -- it's not the end of the world.  Smiley

(Footnote for mods: feel free to split this, sticky it, change it to an announcement, or whatever -- I'm not sure what gets the most coverage)
« Last Edit: 21. Apr 2012 at 11:20 by jdc »  
IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Re: All's Well That Ends Well...
Reply #1 - 23. Apr 2012 at 07:25

If anyone wants to read more about the Parodius situation you may want to read this as well...

http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=8835&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta...

as stated on the news page....

I really can't thank you, Jeremy, enough for your generosity over the years, you've helped me with site issues that went above my knowledge and you shown support my site for so many years, I really can't thank you enough - if it wasn't for you NESWORLD would've been gone from the face of the internet year ago.

All good things end... but NESWORLD is not done yet.

Seen on #NESWORLD (on efnet)...
[Ace`] i like my HES cases to have arse prints on them
WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

albailey

My NES collecting is getting
out of hand

Ottawa

Reply #2 - 25. Apr 2012 at 14:22

nesworld and nesdev are two of the sites that I visit the most.

I offer a big thanks to Koitsu for his many years of dedication  to this hobby.
Al

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #3 - 26. Apr 2012 at 18:39

Hmm just got the news from my possible new host that they do not support perl, gah... I guess it means the forum has to die if I pick that host.

They did offer me a virtual server for roughly 30 euros per month and then I would be able to do whatever I want... (such as install perl)

hmm hmm hmmm

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #4 - 27. Apr 2012 at 19:09

« Last Edit: 27. Apr 2012 at 19:11 by Martin »  

WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #5 - 26. May 2012 at 21:10

What is your host deal?

Come on dude, don't let it, end. Maybe we can work something out?
« Last Edit: 27. May 2012 at 15:09 by RegalSin »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print