Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dragon Warrior "Sample" on Ebay (Read 1457 times)
cdb900
God Member

NES- The 8-bit Engine
that Could

Missouri

Dragon Warrior "Sample" on Ebay
04. Oct 2012 at 01:12

A Dragon Warrior "Sample" board (no shell)  showed up on Ebay.  Never seen this type of board before... anyone know what this actually is?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Warrior-NES-Famicom-Nintendo-Sample-Demo-Cart-/11...

Edit:  Okay, I goofed.  Apparently it's way down at the bottom on Martin's prototype page under "Famicom."  Still, that's not a normal Fami board with all the LEDs and stuff, is it?  That looks like something from a devkit or something.
« Last Edit: 04. Oct 2012 at 01:55 by cdb900 »  

There's no power greater than N.

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Re: Dragon Warrior "Sample" on Ebay
Reply #1 - 04. Oct 2012 at 14:23

it's a very enhanced dev cart and it's hosted on top of half a Famicom Disk System RAM adapter casing Smiley

Seen on #NESWORLD (on efnet)...
[Ace`] i like my HES cases to have arse prints on them
WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

cdb900
God Member

NES- The 8-bit Engine
that Could

Missouri

Re: Dragon Warrior "Sample" on Ebay
Reply #2 - 04. Oct 2012 at 16:42

Does that mean that we can assume it is an early proto, just being made out of scraps of whatever?  Or could the game be complete, and all that was remaining was to pop the chips out and plug them into a regular board for a tradeshow?

That's not a rhetorical question - I really don't know.  That's what I love about prototypes though... the speculation, about what is and what could have been and what might be.    Smiley

Edit:  It appears that the chips are marked 6.89, which is just two months before the North American Release in August of 1989.  So I guess the latter must be true, but odd to find them in this type of a board.
« Last Edit: 04. Oct 2012 at 16:46 by cdb900 »  

There's no power greater than N.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print