Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Console Generation Showdown: The Forth Generation (Read 1471 times)
NESjunkie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Console Generation Showdown: The Forth Generation
08. May 2013 at 23:35

Let's get ready to rumble, here are your fighters:

-PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16
-Sega Mega Drive/Genesis
-Super Nintendo Entertainment System
-Neo Geo AES
-[Phillips] CD-I

Stick the cartridge in and go on a 8-bit trip man...

IP Logged

NESjunkie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Re: Console Generation Showdown: The Forth Generation
Reply #1 - 08. May 2013 at 23:48

1. Super Nintendo Entertainment System
-The SNES started off a little late but destroyed everyone that competed. It had a good overall console design especially it controllers. The SNES also has one of the strongest library of games ever. Mario's line of games on the SNES is the best in the series, Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter and many other title whoop the competition.

2. Sega Mega Drive/Genesis
-When their 16-bit machine entered the market, we all saw greatness. The Genesis made us consider buying it instead of a SNES. Why, because of the brilliant marketing, superb design, and of course games. Sonic the Hedgehog, Mortal Kombat, Ecco the Dolphin, Comix Zone, sports titles and many great licensed non-video game franchises made Sega lots of money and fans.

3. PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16
-Though it never was as successful as it's two competitors, the TurboGrafx-16 had games to impress such as R-Type, Bomberman, Splatterhouse, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and Bonk's Adventure.

4. Neo Geo AES/CD-I
Never really played either due to their rarity.

Stick the cartridge in and go on a 8-bit trip man...

IP Logged

Ultra64
God Member

Michigan

Reply #2 - 09. May 2013 at 03:59

I had a SNES and a Genesis but i preferred the SNES because of all the rpgs released for it plus it has a superior sound chip which made games enjoyable. After awhile i had to play some Sega games on mute before my head/ears exploded from the music.

So im voting for SNES.

IP Logged

Roko Yuki Hime
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #3 - 02. Jun 2013 at 17:17

I voted for SNES.

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #4 - 21. Jun 2013 at 19:32

Those are all second generation systems. I would vote the PCE but the NES/SNES won in terms of worldwide audience.
The SNES is basically an Amiga in disguise.

I wish I could say genesis, because that is as hardcore as you could get next buying the actual Arcades. Speaking of which, people did buy arcades back then.

Genesis also had it's own blend but for some reason, some of the games do not sit well with me.

This was the time when we called console gaming, videogames and anything not on a VG system was Computer Gaming or TV Toys.

Also the CD-i belongs with the 3D0, R2, PSX, and the Saturn as well.

In fact to divide them generation wise, it would be like

Cards
Table top
Slot machine
Pinball
Arcade
Computer gaming
2d consoles
3d consoles

After that everything is just overkill, which is Dreamcast, PS2, GCN, and so forth. So to correct you, that  would be the seventh generation. Funny how god created the world in Seven days, aka several evolutional timeline.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print