Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Console Generation Showdown: The Fifth Generation (Read 1986 times)
NESjunkie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Console Generation Showdown: The Fifth Generation
08. May 2013 at 23:56

We at the fifth generation, who boasts with most? Here are the consoles:

-3DO Interactive Multiplayer
-Atari Jaguar
-Sega Saturn
-Sony Playstation
-Nintendo 64

Stick the cartridge in and go on a 8-bit trip man...

IP Logged

Octorockandroll
Forum Newbie

NES world's Kid Icarus

Re: Console Generation Showdown: The Fifth Generation
Reply #1 - 09. May 2013 at 00:15

for hardware, playstation, for game library, n64

If my game won't start, I'm sure it would do wonders if you blew upon my cartridge.

IP Logged

NESjunkie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #2 - 09. May 2013 at 00:24

1. Nintendo 64
-The N64 had the power house and innovation to make it better than all, but it's true shinning aspect was the games. The N64 gave us games that changed the world and the industry. "Super Mario 64" was the break thru for 3-D free roam gaming. "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" has been called one of the greatest games of all time and scores very high on factors. "Goldeneye: 007" was the defining FPS for the consoles. And can keep going with all the great titles available on the system all day.

2. Sony Playstation
-PS1 has over 1,000 titles on it system. Trying to pick a few titles to briefly talk about is way to hard because there a lot of fantastic titles.

3. Sega Saturn
-While it remained a distant 3rd in the console wars, the Saturn provided some great arcade ports, sports titles, and RPG's. The Saturn may not be everyone's top choice but it's a system worth buying.

4. 3DO Interactive Multiplayer
-You had to pay a pretty penny to buy it but you bought a very power console. Sometimes more powerful that the PS1. The 3DO gave us good reasons to play their console like "Gex", "Super Street Fighter II Turbo", "Alone In the Dark", "Crash 'n Burn", "Road Rash", and "Return Fire"

5. Atari Jaguar
-64-bit or not, the Jaguar made some good titles like "Doom", "Tempest 2000", "Iron Soldier", and "Checkered Flag"
« Last Edit: 09. May 2013 at 00:35 by NESjunkie »  

IP Logged

Octorockandroll
Forum Newbie

NES world's Kid Icarus

Reply #3 - 09. May 2013 at 00:25

n64

If my game won't start, I'm sure it would do wonders if you blew upon my cartridge.

IP Logged

Ultra64
God Member

Michigan

Reply #4 - 09. May 2013 at 04:01

N64 is my favorite system and was easier on the eyes than the PSOne plus it had less crap released for it. So.....N64!!!  Wink

IP Logged

Octorockandroll
Forum Newbie

NES world's Kid Icarus

Reply #5 - 09. May 2013 at 23:08

I don't kno, n64 had some crap games, like quest 64 robotron 64 paperboy 64 superman 64 that south park racing game, blues brothers 2000, Daikatana, Power rangers Lightspeed rescue, Hey, you Pikachu, NFL gameday 99 and WWF attitude, can't think of too many horrible PS1 games

IP Logged

NESjunkie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #6 - 10. May 2013 at 04:45

Octorockandroll wrote on 09. May 2013 at 23:08:
I don't kno, n64 had some crap games, like quest 64 robotron 64 paperboy 64 superman 64 that south park racing game, blues brothers 2000, Daikatana, Power rangers Lightspeed rescue, Hey, you Pikachu, NFL gameday 99 and WWF attitude, can't think of too many horrible PS1 games

Bubsy 3D, South Park, Glover, Baldies, The Crow: City of Angels, Batman & Robin, and some others.
« Last Edit: 10. May 2013 at 04:47 by NESjunkie »  

IP Logged

Ultra64
God Member

Michigan

Reply #7 - 10. May 2013 at 18:24

if you compare the "crap" games out of the total amount of n64 games released compared to the total amount of games released for the playstation you'll find that the playstation has more because of the amount of support it received from developers and the ease of development compared to the n64. Therefor i would say the n64 has more Quality titles.

i liked Quest and Robotron.  Grin

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #8 - 09. Feb 2014 at 21:11

The 3D0 and Jaguar did not have enough support, with Nintendo and Sega, their was barely anybody seeing anything.

Each system had it's own weaknesses and strengths. That is all I can say.

N64 has quick and fast fun games, that utilized next-gen tech. An N64 was like a pre-PS2.

The PSX was in production during the SNES. The SONY devkit basically made it, so the game can work through the SNES or without it. SONY always had a back up plan.

The Saturn, was madness, but it pulled though.

All three systems suffer from censoring, or adult content, outreach to audience.

They all have great games, the Saturn itself, is probably everybodies favorite due to the Underdog policy, but the N64 can be unforgiving at times.

South Park N64 was great......if you liked FPS multiplexers.
Robotron was great for an arcade 3d remake.

« Last Edit: 09. Feb 2014 at 21:12 by RegalSin »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print