Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NES repair help (Read 317 times)
moose11872
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

NES repair help
14. Dec 2014 at 18:09

Hey Everybody.....

I was facing the blinking issue on my new console so I refurbished the 72 pin connector and disabled the lockout chip. It fixed the problem but the games only work if I insert them but NOT push the tray down into the lock position. 

The games work perfectly but I like things to work the way they were meant to. Should I leave it alone and be grateful that I have a good working system? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Thanks in advance for your replies / advice.

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Re: NES repair help
Reply #1 - 21. Dec 2014 at 16:05

That is not an new problem. My original NES ( which I have barely touched in an long time ) does the same thing and has never been replaced at all. It also had an issue with blinking lights where the reset button would give problems.

If it works leave it alone. The pushing down is bs and should not bother you at all. I got it worst. I have to reset the pins everytime.

I have another NES lying around that is in better condition. That does what you want it to. However all NES will have this happen over time. So just play with it and be happy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print