Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
vs the goonies game (Read 1219 times)
jeff
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

vs the goonies game
17. Jan 2015 at 22:56

HI group
looking to go back and play an old game. I was hooked on the goonies that was on play choice 10 machines. From reading it looks like it was a game cartridge for japan only?

However i see some reproductions on the first one VS THE GOONIES listed on ebay.
Does this mean I can get that game to play here in the states now?? If so what system do i need to run it?? Thanks, Jeff

IP Logged

Elecman
Forum Newbie

The Original Mega Nerd

Re: vs the goonies game
Reply #1 - 25. Jan 2015 at 20:48

Link the auction.

Nes Games Collected: 234

IP Logged

jeff
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #2 - 25. Jan 2015 at 23:01

What link???

IP Logged

Elecman
Forum Newbie

The Original Mega Nerd

Reply #3 - 25. Jan 2015 at 23:27

jeff wrote on 17. Jan 2015 at 22:56:
However i see some reproductions on the first one VS THE GOONIES listed on ebay.
Does this mean I can get that game to play here in the states now?? If so what system do i need to run it?? Thanks, Jeff

The Goonies I was only released in Japan, but it has been converted to the NES. Remember, Japan uses NTSC-J, we use NTSC. They are compatible with each other.

The only thing you need to run this is the reproduction carts you saw, and a regular toaster nes. Smiley Lots of Japanese games are available now through reproductions.

Go get yourself a Goonies I reproduction. Smiley

IP Logged

jeff
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #4 - 27. Jan 2015 at 02:53

Hey thanks. i was not sure if they were ok on the US orig. console. I won it on ebay.

NES Nintendo Entertainment System reproduction Port Of Goonies 1 NTSC Tested Fun.
There are not many of this game out there..

IP Logged

Elecman
Forum Newbie

The Original Mega Nerd

Reply #5 - 27. Jan 2015 at 10:51

There are a lot of people making repros these days. I too plan on venturing down that path when I get myself an eeprom programmer.

It's just the goonies (J).nes rom uploaded to a compatible mapper cart.

Glad you got one mate. Smiley I might have one too next month for my bday. I stated to my fam that I really wanted a Goonies repro. Smiley

IP Logged

jeff
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #6 - 27. Jan 2015 at 21:07

Great game. It was in a small store by my home in the 80's. never beat it to the end. It was always something. Out of time, or quarters. Now i will get a shot, lol..

IP Logged

Ro9

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #7 - 28. Jan 2015 at 07:57

i will give u advice Smiley draw your levels on paper Smiley it will be a little bit easier Wink

IP Logged

Elecman
Forum Newbie

The Original Mega Nerd

Reply #8 - 29. Jan 2015 at 07:50

Ro9 wrote on 28. Jan 2015 at 07:57:
i will give u advice Smiley draw your levels on paper Smiley it will be a little bit easier Wink

I agree. In a world where we can download maps for these games in a split second.. -which to me ruins the adventure-, drawing them by hand allows you to have that true exploration.

I'm gonna start doing that with all of my games I am in to.

IP Logged

Ro9

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #9 - 29. Jan 2015 at 12:41

when we started play games like this. we was a kids and without enthernet... Smiley so it was the only way to get through... drawing maps by hand Smiley

IP Logged

jeff
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #10 - 31. Jan 2015 at 16:16

Drawing is a great idea. I got my system and it works well. Goonies is coming today..
I was 22 when this came out on coin op. never had an nes etc. I did have the original pong when i was a kid.. And miss pinball machines very much.!!!

I want to get a new controller. Which is the best for the orig. nes.  I see a few on ebay, one has an extended cord which I like..Plus a new 72 connector for 15.99 n 5 ship..Does this sound like a good idea??

IP Logged

Ro9

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #11 - 31. Jan 2015 at 18:55

i guess yes Smiley in my country the minimum (money you got 4 work) is ~400USD Smiley)) i gues in usa minimum is about 1000USD Smiley so 4 me it`s still sounds good price for joystick Cheesy

IP Logged

jeff
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #12 - 31. Jan 2015 at 23:36

I am more concerned with the quality. I never owned one before.  Am I allowed to post a link to the ebay auction on the forum???? Maybe you can look and see what you think about it??
Where do you live ??
I think minimum wage is around 10 dollars an hr. here. that would be 400.00 per wk. Someone making 1000 per wk. may have some college behind them..

IP Logged

Ro9

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #13 - 02. Feb 2015 at 09:20

wow Smiley so this prices is just funny 4 u Smiley

IP Logged

jeff
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #14 - 02. Feb 2015 at 13:56

no, not funny Smiley, not sure if its a good price, or a good controller thats why I am asking for advice.. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print