Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do you remember this game? (Read 759 times)
Varwulf
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Do you remember this game?
21. Feb 2015 at 15:51

Greetings all!  I've been in a rather nostalgic mood lately, so I've been cruising various forums trying to see if people more familiar with the specific brand might have a better idea than what my memory can remember of my childhood.

I received a game for Christmas from my aunt and uncle, I want to say sometime in the early 90s.  It was your typical platformer fare where you moved your hero from the left side of the screen to the right.  I remember specifically that your character was some kind of knightly figure, maybe a paladin even.  He reminded me a little bit of Dirk the Daring from Dragon's Lair, but I might actually be thinking of that game instead, as my memory is fuzzy Tongue

I remember the first level was like a sort of castle and I do believe there were lava pits you could fall into.  The only enemy I can recall was a Medusa but I do not remember how fighting that monster really worked in the game, I remember close to nothing about it apart from the hero himself, the layout of the first level, and that one monster.  I remember I didn't play it a whole lot as I found in particularly challenging for my young mind, but alas, I'm desperately wanting to play it again Smiley

Anyone have any suggestions?  I'll look up your suggestions for screen shots or video and see if I can find the right one.  Thanks a bunch and have a great day! Smiley

IP Logged

Ro9

NESWORLD Supporter!

Re: Do you remember this game?
Reply #1 - 21. Feb 2015 at 19:49

i have few variations.. but i will check them on monday Smiley ecouse i have time to play my nes games at work Smiley with emulator Smiley done more then 120nes games... so i have some sugestions... Smiley  well sword master  or kick master .. but enemy like medusa at the moment i remember in game wai wai world (konami world) Smiley and i wanna go to behind.. i guess it could be KARNOV Smiley   but the lava pit was in game CONAN (hard game)  and for the other readers i will say the MOAI heads (from eastern islands) they was in GRADIUS (or life force) wai wai world , MOAI KUN , james bond jr AND IN THE ARKANOID and CRACKOUT Smiley

IP Logged

Varwulf
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #2 - 24. Feb 2015 at 01:55

Hey, thanks for the reply!  I took a look at gameplay from all of your suggestions and nothing looks familiar, though I am incredibly grateful for your quick reply and your effort to look into this for me Smiley

IP Logged

Ro9

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #3 - 24. Feb 2015 at 06:12

maybe u remember what weapon he (You) have ? colors ? the place where the action is going....  power ups... first boss Smiley the enemys ?

IP Logged

Varwulf
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #4 - 24. Feb 2015 at 15:59

Oh man, I remember almost nothing about that.  Pretty sure the weapon was a sword, but I think you could get a power up that gave you a (possibly throwing?) axe attack.  Man it's been so long, all I remember is that darn Medusa and that he looked like a knight/paladin in his armor lol  Now that I think about it the Medusa might have been the first boss.

IP Logged

NESjunkie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #5 - 25. Feb 2015 at 04:11

Astyanax?

Stick the cartridge in and go on a 8-bit trip man...

IP Logged

Varwulf
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #6 - 25. Feb 2015 at 19:55

NESjunkie wrote on 25. Feb 2015 at 04:11:
Astyanax?

Oh man, you nailed it.  The instant I heard the intro music I knew that was it.  Thanks a lot!

Man, it's amazing how just a small bit of a music theme can bring you right back to the early 90s in an instant Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print