Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page
  This forum is no longer active and actually hasn't been for years. It serves as an archive of what happened "back then" and nothing more. You may be able to register and post, or you may not... and should you encounter any problems then I am really sorry but I am not able to provide any sort of support.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new n64 roms (Read 619 times)
olivieryuyu2000
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

new n64 roms
23. Oct 2018 at 21:25

IP Logged

radorn
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Spain

Re: new n64 roms
Reply #1 - 03. Mar 2019 at 04:52

@olivieryuyu2000
Hey, thank you for the dumps!

Wasn't this board closed some time ago? Or did I dream it?

EDIT: Space Station Silicon Valley USA 1.1 is the same as the PAL release, just with the region and version bytes of the header changed. xD
Guess
Wetrix does a similar thing, where the game seems to check the region byte and then behaves as NTSC or PAL depending on what it finds there.

EDIT2: Interestingly, Cruis'n World EUR 1.1 is also identical to the 1.0 USA Release except for the header checkums, region and version bytes, and 1 byte in the body of the ROM...
Did Cruis'n World release in PAL first?

EDIT3: According to Wikipedia, yes it did. Interesting. So they released PAL first (British Eurocom did the port from the arcade, so I guess that makes some sense), kept making changes to the game for the American release, and then made a second PAL batch with the updated code... weird.
Just the opposite of Silicon Valley, I suppose.
« Last Edit: 04. Mar 2019 at 05:02 by radorn »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print