Send Topic Print
Lot of 2 (Read 18823 times)
Michael the Great
God Member

Only 751 to go for a complete
set!

Re: Lot of 2
Reply #15 - 31. Jul 2006 at 05:29

First thought is that you should buy a game with converter (ie a NES stackup) and turn this one into a total conversion (ie stick it in the nes cart with converter)...  You can even make yourself a nice looking label.

I've done that for Goonies, Bokasaku Wars, Devil's World, Milk and Nuts, etc.  Sometimes I've transfered the chips to US circuit boards rather than waste a converter, but I've also seen a much higher glop top percentage in famicom games (and ones that don't seem to be pirates). 

As far as just fixing the game, what's broken?  Do you have a pic?  Is there a hole in the cart and a post that goes through the hole?  Is that what's broken?

I guess I don't mind MTG, but my friends call me Michael...  Smiley

grumpynes  
IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 31. Jul 2006 at 15:08

Ok Michael:

Here's the half of the cart with everything that holds the board in place. And here's the board. See, no hole in the board. Essentially, the board balances on the two plastic "pins" on each side as well as on the circular hollow column at center. Tabs on each side hold the cart from sliding inward. One is busted -- look closely and you can see the broken piece laying near the broken tab.

[Removed]
« Last Edit: 23. Aug 2006 at 05:46 by N/A »  

IP Logged

Michael the Great
God Member

set!

Reply #17 - 01. Aug 2006 at 23:59

I'd stick a piece of styrofoam above the cart that's just the perfect size to keep the circuit board tight.  I'd cut the styrofoam to this shape so it keeps the cart from moving side to side too:

XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
X                X
X                X

I'd probably put a piece of non corrogated cardboard between the circuit board and the foam so that that the circuit board doesn't just slice into the syrofoam.  Usually you can cut it with a sharp pocket knife.  Make sure it's pretty stiff styrofoam.  I'd cut it slightly big so that you can smush it and it will fith perfect for extra tightness.

grumpynes  
IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 02. Aug 2006 at 03:12

Thanks, Michael. I'll try it.

And I've purchased that donor, so I'll be sending it once it arrives in my mailbox.

IP Logged

Michael the Great
God Member

set!

Reply #19 - 02. Aug 2006 at 06:30

Ok, hey you should send along that kid dracula too if you still haven't gotten it working!  Smiley  Unless the mapper chip has died, I can fix most problems.

grumpynes  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print