HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My game was stolen (Read 21760 times)
JC
Ex Member

Re: My game was stolen
Reply #15 - 02. Sep 2006 at 03:38

Hey NGD, ever read Foucault's Discipline and Punish? The panopticon -- sounds like you may be a victim. Sad

From a site explaining Foucault's view of the panopticon:

"A prison warden monitored criminals at all time to ensure they followed the guidelines. Constant supervision led to the development of institutional designs like Jeremy Bentham’s panopticon. The panopticon had cells built around a central tower. The cells opened in the front so the guards in the tower could see inside. The cells had windows in the rear of the cell backlighting the prisoner making him easy to watch. The windows of the tower had Venetian blinds allowing the guards to see out, but preventing the inmates from seeing inside. The prisoner never knew at any given moment if he was being supervised or not, therefore he constantly obeyed the rules. [...] Foucault said constant supervision and forced discipline broke the will of the criminal and made him into a 'docile body'. The 'docile body' was easy to control by people in authority."

Sorry for going off topic. I had to get that in. Smiley (Delete it after you read it if you want.)

IP Logged

NationalGameDepot
God Member

The NGD Game List v3.0
is DONE!!

Knoxville, TN USA

Reply #16 - 02. Sep 2006 at 04:01

it is very true man.  There is a enclosed walk way above then entire warehouse, we never know if someone is watching us or not.  Then they walk through from time to time so we know they are watching.  It feels like jail sometimes, but it is necessary.  Even though they ran background check and stuff, we handle a TON of money and checks in the mail.  I had processed over 100 flats of IRS check and welfare checks in a 10 minute period once.  I bet I have touched over a few million dollars and I have only worked there for nearly 3 months.  It is hard to steal mail, but people have done it and been caught before.  This is why I said that a Postal Inspector will contact jajaja soon, they are very serious when it comes to theft.
~~NGD

...~~NationalGameDepot...
WWW NationalGameDepot NationalGameDepot jbsmildew2003 nationgamesdepot  
IP Logged

jajaja
God Member

Reply #17 - 02. Sep 2006 at 16:40

Damn! I found out who did it! Its the crappity smacking seller himself Shocked
My sister was here, i told her the story and she asked to check the envelope. She then notice that it say 4.92 FRF, NOT 4.92 euro as i thought. 4.92 FRF is 0.75 euro. I cant belive i noticed this myself since both FRF and euro is printed on the sticker.

Check the prices here. You see that letters upto 20g costs 0.75 euro to send. If the game was included it would be over 100g and it would cost 4.10 euro.

Man.. this seller must be incredible stupid. First, why on earth scam someone for 10 euro? Second, the shipping price and 3rd, the badly written norwegian.
« Last Edit: 02. Sep 2006 at 16:53 by jajaja »  

IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 02. Sep 2006 at 18:58

Ha! I knew it, knew it, knew it.

Call off the Bloodhounds, bring in the German Shepherds!

IP Logged

jajaja
God Member

Reply #19 - 02. Sep 2006 at 19:04

Haha Grin
I e-mailed him, told him that he just forgot to include the game, i didnt mention the note. I got this reply:

Quote:
Woaw, what's happened ? I send to you a letter with bubble with the game ..... Have you a picture from this letter please, I want to see if it's mine.
So I am a good seller, I have good feedback no ? I you tell me it's true that you have not receive the game I just can send tou you an another.
Best regards.

Roll Eyes It sux, because he didnt write anything as sender, so hes probly trying to use the excuse "thats not my envelope" reason. But why.. if he claims its not his, i will still have to wait for his "package", which i will never recive so i dont understand his logic here. I just told him that hes the only one from France im waiting for a package from, which also is true. Wonder what he will reply next.
« Last Edit: 02. Sep 2006 at 19:08 by jajaja »  

IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 02. Sep 2006 at 19:50

Just be careful with how you approach things. He's obviously doing his best to rip you off. He might try to say he sent the game in the package and then he will use the letter (if you send him a pic of it) to "prove" it was stolen by someone in the postal service.

I hope this guy goes down! Right now, you're best evidence is the shipping sticker.

IP Logged

jajaja
God Member

Reply #21 - 02. Sep 2006 at 20:00

Ye, i will not mention the letter for him. If i do he will definitly use it against me. I payed with Paypal and he already given me positive feedback so im pretty much safe Smiley

IP Logged

ninjaturtle

cowabunga

Reply #22 - 02. Sep 2006 at 21:23

I remember acquiring a Game Boy game ( "Looney Tunes" to be more precised (spelling? ) ) from Swapitshop, but when my package arrived, there was no game in it! I noticed there was a rip in the package, too (the game must have fell out) .
You are not alone.
However, when I phoned Swapitshop customer service and told them what happened, guess what? I got my 600 swapits back Smiley .

Nobodii messes with Adam Wii!&&&&http://wii4ever.tripod.com

IP Logged

atwoodtm
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD KICKS ASS!

Michigan

Reply #23 - 02. Sep 2006 at 23:13

Fell lucky you didn't spend $200 or more for a factory sealed Nintendo game just to find out when you get it the game had been used and resealed.

IP Logged

Hounder
God Member

Only cool people pee their
pants

Illinois

Reply #24 - 03. Sep 2006 at 03:42

He left you positive feedback already? What an idiot. He just left himself open to get an easy neg. Glad you found out who it was. Keep us updated on those emails Wink

Agateophobia- Fear of insanity

IP Logged

jajaja
God Member

Reply #25 - 03. Sep 2006 at 09:58

Hehe ye, he probly thought i fall for it, which i did in the begining, so he just left me positive to make him look serious. Its the only reason i can think of.

The answer he also wrote clearly shows that hes lying. I mean.. "woaw, what happend" ?? If he included the game he would totaly tell me that he did and why does he start defending himself that hes a good seller etc. And finaly, why does he want to see a picture of the envelope to see if it his? Hes in deep shit not lol Grin
« Last Edit: 03. Sep 2006 at 09:59 by jajaja »  

IP Logged

jajaja
God Member

Reply #26 - 04. Sep 2006 at 12:47

I got my money back today. He never replied on the last e-mail i sent.
Now.. is there a way that my money can be lost? I heard stories that people pay with stolen CC and lose their money later on. I doubt this will happend, but what if?

IP Logged

cdb900
God Member

NES- The 8-bit Engine
that Could

Missouri

Reply #27 - 04. Sep 2006 at 23:36

At least in the United States, impersonating a Federal Employee (including a postal worker), is a crime which carries a sentence of a fine and/or imprisonment for up to three years!

You might look up your local statutes and tell him what the penalty is where you live, if you ever hear from him again.

Source:
http://experts.about.com/q/Criminal-Law-916/Impersonating-Federal-employee.htm

Not stuff to be messing around with, at all.  I imagine the penalties are even stiffer in Norway, or France, or wherever.  You guys generally don't put up with as much criminal stuff as Americans do.

There's no power greater than N.

IP Logged

jajaja
God Member

Reply #28 - 09. Sep 2006 at 14:11

Ok.. as i mentioned earlier, i got my money back, all seems ok on that part Smiley I also gave him a negative feedback and filled a complaint to Ebay 5 minutes ago. I already got my refund so i hope they arent stupid enough to forward it to Paypal hehe. Anyway, cased is closed, atleast from my point Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print