HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Power Glove Sizes? (Read 9104 times)
the_85_one

1/0

Power Glove Sizes?
22. Oct 2006 at 16:50

Hello, I'm sure some of you may remember me as utahjazz85. Changed my id because I'm finished with that one.

Anyway, I know that there are two sizes of the power glove and I need to know which size mine is. I searched google and ebay for picures but couldn't find any information. Basically, the glove fits my hand. I'm thinking it's a large and that the smaller one was made for kids. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I tell it like it is

IP Logged

ThaDuke

Tanooki Suit Dookie!

Florence, AL

Re: Power Glove Sizes?
Reply #1 - 22. Oct 2006 at 23:53

Wow, and I always thought it was one size fits all.. Grin

IP Logged

JoeUofT

"It'll be faster to tell
you what I DON'T have."

Texas

Reply #2 - 24. Oct 2006 at 02:18

There are two sizes, the large fits a normal hand, and the smaller one (the one I have) is for children, and looks dumb on a normal sized person.  They talk about it in depth on the Anniversary NES video floating around from GameSpot.  I always wondered, is there a different version for lefties?

IP Logged

Michael the Great
God Member

Only 751 to go for a complete
set!

Reply #3 - 24. Oct 2006 at 02:25

I believe the main place the left handed glove rumors sprouted from is the fact that Fred Savage has a left handed power glove on the cover for "the Wizard".  I would think it's just a mirrored image, but somebody said that you can read the words on the power glove the right way...

grumpynes  
IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 24. Oct 2006 at 02:35

I just took a look at my VHS copy of the Wizard under bright light and you're right that it's on his left, but there's no damn way to read which way "Power Glove" is written. The writing just looks like a damn squiggled blue line.

IP Logged

JoeUofT

"It'll be faster to tell
you what I DON'T have."

Texas

Reply #5 - 24. Oct 2006 at 02:51

Quote:
I just took a look at my VHS copy of the Wizard under bright light and you're right that it's on his left, but there's no damn way to read which way "Power Glove" is written. The writing just looks like a damn squiggled blue line.

What about on the movie poster??

IP Logged

JC
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 24. Oct 2006 at 03:06

The DVD release has "Power Glove" clearly written the right way and it uses the same image from the original VHS release, only enhanced to a close-up. But these days, with the wonders of Photoshop, it could be easily faked. The cover art dudes in the 80s probably would've cared less to fake it on the original movie poster. I don't have one of those to check.

IP Logged

postermen

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - 24. Oct 2006 at 03:12

The original one-sheet for the movie also has "power glove" clearly written on the left handed glove.

IP Logged

burnambill333
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 24. Oct 2006 at 05:52

For a wide theatrical release like The Wizard, even 16 years ago they could have edited "Power Glove" to be reading the correct way.  I've heard people talk about this before, and it's stupid.  There is no leftie version of the Power Glove.

IP Logged

NationalGameDepot
God Member

The NGD Game List v3.0
is DONE!!

Knoxville, TN USA

Reply #9 - 24. Oct 2006 at 07:03

settle it for sure.  Someone email Nintendo Power and Nintendo.com and ask.  Surely one of the 2 will respond and know for sure.  I really doubt there is a lefty version either, but the Big N did make a controller for handicapped people so you never know.  If there is one, I would be money it was a special order item and pretty rare.
~~NGD

...~~NationalGameDepot...
WWW NationalGameDepot NationalGameDepot jbsmildew2003 nationgamesdepot  
IP Logged

Speedy_NES
God Member

Belgium

Reply #10 - 24. Oct 2006 at 08:34

There may also be a third size in-between S and L...I've come across MM (released in France) and M (released in Italy).  They're much more rare than the US version, so I've never seen other copies from these countries, so it's possible that the M and MM stand for either S or L rather than Medium, but just thought I'd mention it just incase Wink

IP Logged

FamicomJL
God Member

Fami, Fami, Famicom?

Long Island, New York

Reply #11 - 07. Nov 2006 at 15:36

I do believe they made an M in the U.S. aswell.

WWW FamicomJL FamicomJL FamicomJL FamicomJL  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print