HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Finished my game (Read 39444 times)
Early-worm

NES collector

Re: Finished my game
Reply #15 - 08. Apr 2007 at 22:44

Great!!   There has to be a way for US to get one of these BADBOYS. I cannot get to Canada. But I really would like a copy.

IP Logged

SAG26
Forum Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Seattle, WA

Reply #16 - 10. Apr 2007 at 01:58

Ya like Early-Worm said, there has to be a way for us to get a copy of this game down here in the states.

IP Logged

Jordan  MacNamara
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP/Whatever
it is

Reply #17 - 10. Apr 2007 at 02:49

Are they all going to say NESWorld on them?

I have hundreds of games for trade or sale so check out my website.&&http://mynescollection.tripod.com/
IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Reply #18 - 10. Apr 2007 at 09:20

Nope... neither of them are...

Seen on #NESWORLD (on efnet)...
[Ace`] i like my HES cases to have arse prints on them
WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

NESaholic
God Member

Obscurist maximus

The Netherlands

Reply #19 - 10. Apr 2007 at 11:23

The game is really fun to play and addictive too. I want a copy when ready Al. Cool

NESaholic NeSaHoLiC  
IP Logged

Jordan  MacNamara
God Member

it is

Reply #20 - 10. Apr 2007 at 16:58

...but there are two versions of the game?

I have hundreds of games for trade or sale so check out my website.&&http://mynescollection.tripod.com/
IP Logged

Atomizer2000

All we want to do is eat
your brains...

Reply #21 - 11. Apr 2007 at 16:19

Great quality.  Good job man!

Only two things are infinite: the Universe and Human Stupidity--and I'm not so sure about the Universe...

IP Logged

albailey

My NES collecting is getting
out of hand

Ottawa

Reply #22 - 11. Apr 2007 at 19:06

So if I ever get all 100 made, there's 2 versions.  10 Gold, 90 regular (100 total).
The Gold ones are only going to be available to be won (like door prizes) at the different meets.

I'll create a separate set of puzzles for the Gold one, and change the title screen.   If time permits, I'll add an easter egg of some sort.  I did recently add PAL detection and support for both and it seems to run fine in Nintendulator on PAL mode.

But all my time is now focused on production.
I still have all the labels and manuals to design.
I havent made a single cart yet (other than the early prototypes).
I need to disassemble the donor carts, clean em, de-solder em,  program em, etc..

So for me, this is going to be a busy month.

Al

IP Logged

NationalGameDepot
God Member

The NGD Game List v3.0
is DONE!!

Knoxville, TN USA

Reply #23 - 11. Apr 2007 at 19:29

You are doing this a VERY smart way Al.  You are making them collectable, yet fun to play.  You have a long road ahead of you though, but it will be worth it for sure.

I am about to send you a PM in a minute. . . . .
~~NGD

...~~NationalGameDepot...
WWW NationalGameDepot NationalGameDepot jbsmildew2003 nationgamesdepot  
IP Logged

albailey

out of hand

Ottawa

Reply #24 - 27. Apr 2007 at 15:22

I managed to get the first 33 finished around 1am Friday (April 27) just in time for me to leave for the Toronto show this weekend (bringing 28 grey and 1 gold).  Only reason I got it done at all is because my wife helped out so much. She did all the image design, layout, cutting, sticker making, stapling and folding (for the manuals) and stuck on most of the stickers.

Here is a pic of the carts side by side

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f388/albailey1974/Sudoku%20NES/sudokuBoth.jpg

Those are the 2  I am keeping.  I messed up the security hologram a little bit on the box for the gold one though Sad.  I forgot to upload pics of the boxes and manuals. I'll do this next week after I get back.  

Al

IP Logged

MrMark0673

NESWORLD KICKS ASS!

Boston, MA

Reply #25 - 27. Apr 2007 at 16:39

Those look great!  What kind of paint did you use on the gold cart and how did you go about making the labels (tape and paper) in the end?  How do you think the pain will hold up in the long run?  I have some Fami/NES conversion pieces I'm working on and would love to know what you thought about your paint results and label making method.

IP Logged

NationalGameDepot
God Member

The NGD Game List v3.0
is DONE!!

Knoxville, TN USA

Reply #26 - 27. Apr 2007 at 17:48

Looks really great man, very impressed.
~~NGD

...~~NationalGameDepot...
WWW NationalGameDepot NationalGameDepot jbsmildew2003 nationgamesdepot  
IP Logged

albailey

out of hand

Ottawa

Reply #27 - 27. Apr 2007 at 19:58

I got the labels printed on a color laser printer on glossy paper.
Then I put them through a sticker maker to laminate the top, and turn them into stickers.
The downside to this is that the labels dont necessarily come out perfectly square, and so you cant predetermine where to set a guide when cutting them.   As a result, not all my labels are cut to the same size.  I am very happy with the look of them, but you can tell its done by a human instead of a machine.

I doubt the paint on the gold will hold up well if played very much.  It's Kyron stuff with real 18K gold in it (or so they say).  It feels rough to the touch, and I suspect over time it will get worn off.  I probably should have sprayed some sort of sealant over it.  I probably also sbhould have sanded a but under where the label goes.  There are little bumps under some of the gold labels from the paint.

I will say this,  if I ever make another game, I wont be doing it like this.   I'll pay the extra and have custom labels/stickers printed.  The cost of printing and sticker making really adds up, not to mention the time involved and it would look more professional.

I'd also get custom PCBs made since de-soldering was one of the largest time killers.  I ended up hooking up a bicycle tire pump to my little de-soldering iron and used that for a bunch of donors.  It was faster, but I think I ended up breathing a lot of lead.   

Cleaning existing cases wasnt too bad.  I just soak them in naptha in an ice cream container overnight with the lid on so it doesnt all evaporate, and the next morning the labels peel off relatively easily.   But finding carts that dont have scratches, chips, etc..  is also a pain.   Bottom line,  I'd rather do a custom cart.

So yeah, this was a big learning experience.

Al

IP Logged

Jordan  MacNamara
God Member

it is

Reply #28 - 27. Apr 2007 at 21:24

How do the boxes look?

IP Logged

leonki

Toronto, Canada

Reply #29 - 29. Apr 2007 at 21:50

Just got back from the show, and purchased #20 from Al.

The box/manual is AMAZING!  And the price is perfect.  I strongly recommend that people try and get their hands on a copy.  It's so worth it!  Excellent job Al !!!

It's been a pleasure to meet you.  Keep up the great work.

Interested in NES Prototype reproductions? Visit http://www.nesreproductions.com
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print