Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PowerPak Lite RAM cart now available (Read 7866 times)
bunnyboy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

PowerPak Lite RAM cart now available
02. Jun 2007 at 05:20

My PowerPak Lite cart is now available! This is a RAM cart used for CopyNES. It will automatically configure for 8 different mappers including:

iNES 0 - NROM
iNES 1 - MMC1
iNES 2 - U*ROM
iNES 3 - CNROM
iNES 7 - A*ROM
iNES 11 - ColorDreams
iNES 34 - BNROM
iNES 66 - GNROM

Right now it is only supported by the qbasic CopyNES software, but should be easy to add to CopyNESW. I do not have a system that will run CopyNESW so I cannot test it. The flash programming mod is needed.

This cart can only be used in a CopyNES system. Once the power is turned off or the cart is removed the RAM will erase.

IP Logged

NationalGameDepot
God Member

The NGD Game List v3.0
is DONE!!

Knoxville, TN USA

Re: PowerPak Lite RAM cart now available
Reply #1 - 02. Jun 2007 at 05:22

Don't have any clue about DEV at all, but I bought one anyway Tongue One day I shall learn....maybe.
~~NGD

...~~NationalGameDepot...
WWW NationalGameDepot NationalGameDepot jbsmildew2003 nationgamesdepot  
IP Logged

albailey

My NES collecting is getting
out of hand

Ottawa

Reply #2 - 02. Jun 2007 at 18:23

I ordered one too.

Bunnyboy, can you "please" maybe talk with kevtris about perhaps producing a USB version of CopyNES. (which youcould sell on your site)

Right now, I can only run copynes on my wife's machine (mine has no parallel port).

My background is software so if there's code that needs to be written, I may be able to help.

Al

IP Logged

NationalGameDepot
God Member

The NGD Game List v3.0
is DONE!!

Knoxville, TN USA

Reply #3 - 02. Jun 2007 at 18:33

Please oh please.  I have been kicking myself for not ordering a copynes anyway, and a USB would sooo be awesome.
~~NGD

...~~NationalGameDepot...
WWW NationalGameDepot NationalGameDepot jbsmildew2003 nationgamesdepot  
IP Logged

Jagasian

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - 02. Jun 2007 at 20:27

A cart based NES copier would be the best.  It could be shaped like a Game Genie with a USB port.  That way the NES itself wouldn't need to be modified.  It would be cool if it could dump carts straight to a PC over USB, and if games could be loaded to a PowerPak Lite via USB.

IP Logged

bunnyboy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - 02. Jun 2007 at 21:00

The main reason I am not planning on a programmer is the cart connector.  So far there is no production one that will work unless you are building it into a case and using the replacement NES ones.  Of course CopyNES gets around that by using the one in the NES, and there are a few new CopyNES ideas floating around including USB.

A standalone programmer would also not work as a PowerPak Lite loader because it is a RAM based cart.  Once you remove power, the cart is erased.  Power must be kept to the CPLD and that would drain a battery way too fast.  

IP Logged

Jagasian

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - 02. Jun 2007 at 23:39

bunnyboy wrote on 02. Jun 2007 at 21:00:
The main reason I am not planning on a programmer is the cart connector.  So far there is no production one that will work unless you are building it into a case and using the replacement NES ones.  Of course CopyNES gets around that by using the one in the NES, and there are a few new CopyNES ideas floating around including USB.

So instead of the NES copier being shaped like a Game Genie, you are saying it would have to be shaped more like the Game Action Replay?
http://www.geocities.com/NES_Master/NES/GAR.htm
http://www.tripoint.org/kevtris/nes/nespics.html

With a cart that large, it could contain both PowerPak and CopyNES functionality all in the same cart.  So your product line could be three-tiered:

1. PowerPak Lite
2. PowerPak
3. PowerPak Ultra
« Last Edit: 02. Jun 2007 at 23:46 by Jagasian »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print