Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pricing help for a new guy. (Read 4038 times)
Captain_Ryan
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Pricing help for a new guy.
10. Apr 2010 at 05:20

Hi,

I'm brand new to the boards, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance. Back around 2000 or 2001, I came into possession of a prototype of GI Joe for NES by the TAXAN corporation. The game plays fine and seems to be in great condition. I was able to get it for less than a dollar, but I was wondering the actual worth of the game or if there are any known variances between the cartridge and the released game. I really have no clue where to look and thought I'd start here. Thanks for your help.

IP Logged

Limbofunk
God Member

Re: Pricing help for a new guy.
Reply #1 - 11. Apr 2010 at 06:20

Hi Ryan, It's somewhat difficult to price prototypes but I would say yours is worth at least $150, maybe more.  As far as differences between prototypes and the final release, it would all depend on the particular prototype.  Some differences are visible right away such as a title screen change or obvious sprite changes and some are much more subtle (text changes, sprite changes, etc) while some have no differences at all.  It you have a copy of GI Joe, I would suggest trying to compare the two side by side and see if you can denote any differences.

They came to Earth for one thing...
SpasticHorizon  
IP Logged

NESaholic
God Member

Obscurist maximus

The Netherlands

Re: Pricing help for a new guy.
Reply #2 - 14. May 2010 at 09:16

GI Joe is a popular game, you might fetch 150-200 for it. Indeed depending on diff's and such.

NESaholic NeSaHoLiC  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print