Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eternal Darkness 64 (Read 12513 times)
JPEG1
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Eternal Darkness 64
15. Nov 2011 at 02:19

I'e seen most of the videos and images of it floating around but just always wonderd how complete it got, or if it was completly finished. Also, is there any prototype of this game existing in anyone's collection?

IP Logged

Martin
YaBB Administrator

Denmark

Re: Eternal Darkness 64
Reply #1 - 15. Nov 2011 at 08:12

I don't think a prototype was ever found and if I remember correctly the switch to gamecube was made late in production, so it might've been finished.

I never bothered picking up the GC version as it's not the kind of game I like, but it could've been a killer title on the N64, a genre the N64 lacked.

Honestly, I don't think we'll ever see a copy of the N64 version "floating around".

Seen on #NESWORLD (on efnet)...
[Ace`] i like my HES cases to have arse prints on them
WWW 46415786  
IP Logged

Ultra64
God Member

Michigan

Reply #2 - 17. Nov 2011 at 14:18

Anyone that owns a Gamecube or a Wii that can play Gamecube games owes it to themselves to pick up this game.

Unique and one of a kind. Read reviews for more info.

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #3 - 18. Nov 2011 at 22:49

It was a fantastic game, but I got tired of fighting colorful enemies. At first it was cool, but then it got annoying.

I love the "Sword Level" I love watching this guy dying over and over again, while he continues to go insane beyond repair. He looks soo sick at some point. Then there is the monk stage, which was auwsome. Of cours when your in Colonial America stage was just peachy.

The game should have been on the N64 instead.

IP Logged

Dutch nes gamer
God Member

holland

Reply #4 - 30. Jan 2012 at 21:25

look at this  Wink actual gameplay from the 1999 e3.
I find the bottom of the screen cool with the n64 logo.
From what i have seen on the net (and i have actually beaten the game and loved it)i say some chapters staid in and others got cut.

The game is not liniar but a bunch of story's that come together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WIDWoefpAc

IP Logged

edy
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #5 - 23. Jun 2012 at 02:48

Yeah its worth playing one of those titles that you can't seem to put down once you start playing

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #6 - 02. Jul 2012 at 11:31

Eternal Darkness was truly one of those GCN games, that took adavantage of the hardware, but man I hated the color graphics magican tool. Eventually chanting all the spells got tiring.

The N64 game was sappose to be Rares job, but instead they got brought by Microsoft and the company splitted into two parts. One of which created Time Splitters, and another which fell off the cliff of X-box.

Seriously, who in gods name decided at Rare to sell, to Microsoft, on a Game system that was backed by Direct X.

IP Logged

gilgamesh
Forum Newbie

N64 and 64DD

France

Reply #7 - 02. Jul 2012 at 16:59

You must be mistaken, this is the Canadian company Silicon Knights has developed this game.

http://64dd.net/modules/games/index.php?system=n64&type=unreleased&section=main&...

IP Logged

Megahawk
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #8 - 03. Jul 2012 at 10:13

right, Eternal Darkness was made by Silikon Knights but like Rare they went the Xbox Route except the never where bought by MS. They just developed games on that Platform which was a big mistake since these games where all quite shit in the end. They should have stayed on the Nintendo Route and i am sure there would be already ET 2 and some othe rnice stuff by them. They wasted there Talents on the XBOX because the Audience is different.

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #9 - 02. Aug 2012 at 03:08

What I was reading, was the Rare, was brought by MS, then Silicon Knights replaced Rare, at Nintendo. This was just at the begining of the GCN era, but it could have been earlier.
Rare was making a whole bunch of N64 future titles, that was never released.

Unrelated another Egyptian, dungeon crawler was also being produced for the N64, and was never released.

X-box audience is just a bunch of Windows users, who knows that Microsoft was just recruiting Videogames users. They never even gave the X-box any breathing room. X-box could have lasted three ten more years.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print