Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
REAL LIFE Metroid - Power Suit, Metroid Hatchling+ (Read 4022 times)
Platinumfungi
Forum Newbie

Modding and Building

Springfield, MO

REAL LIFE Metroid - Power Suit, Metroid Hatchling+
08. Jun 2012 at 03:37

Lately I've been taking a break from modding video game systems, and have been working on video game themed props and costumes for Youtube videos. Currently I've been dealing with some Metroid props and thought I'd share a few teaser photos. Let me know what you all think!

- I made the helmet, did all the LED lighting, repainted parts of the suit, created the Metroid hatchling, and created the Metroid egg. To see all my projects, updates, and more info, please check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Platinumfungi

- A very talented Cosplayer named Kelly Johnson created the Power Suit (sans helmet and LED lighting). She's the one wearing the suit.

- This is all being created for a short Youtube fan video by the group "mikeNgary": http://www.youtube.com/user/mikengar...e=results_m...

- When the video is released, I'll post again with an update  Cool

Metroid Hatchling contained:

Metroid Egg:

What do you think?
PF

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Re: REAL LIFE Metroid - Power Suit, Metroid Hatchling+
Reply #1 - 08. Jun 2012 at 22:58

What do you do for a living?

It all looks auwsome, and the news is spreading. I am curous to
what happen to all the power suits used in the official Nintendo commercials, I am pretty sure their was another fan project that already did this, but I forget.

By commercial I am not talking about the previous

IP Logged

Platinumfungi
Forum Newbie

Modding and Building

Springfield, MO

Re: REAL LIFE Metroid - Power Suit, Metroid Hatchling+
Reply #2 - 10. Jun 2012 at 15:52

RegalSin wrote on 08. Jun 2012 at 22:58:
What do you do for a living?

It all looks auwsome, and the news is spreading. I am curous to
what happen to all the power suits used in the official Nintendo commercials, I am pretty sure their was another fan project that already did this, but I forget.

By commercial I am not talking about the previous

What do I do for a living? Ha ha, oh a little bit of everything. I have yet to really find my "career" job. Ideally it would involve something with art/design, tinkering, and video games or movies.

Thanks for the compliments  Smiley I'm not sure about the fate of any of the other suits used in the commercials or fan projects. It would be interesting to know though.

Currently many of these items are on display at a local art gallery in Springfield, MO. We're still discussing what the future of them will be after that, but I think they will be on display in a few other gaming/art establishments and then maybe sell them off. We'll see.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print