Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GBA Front Lit DIY problem (HELP!!) (Read 5130 times)
NusDoggy Dogg
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

GBA Front Lit DIY problem (HELP!!)
04. Jan 2013 at 02:20

So I got everything to work, and this is my 20th time re and de-soldering due to the brightness of the front light. It looks so washed out that I can't see crap. I have the gritty side of the front light glass facing out towards the LCD front protector screen. So far I've used 22, 33, 220, and 330 OHMs resistor with no luck, still too bright and washed out; can't see sh*t. But if I throw in a 47K OHM resistor, it's way too dim and it won't lit up enough for me to see the screen in the dark either. Might considering 10K or 20K OHM resistor to see if it'll brighten up some. And I have power coming from point S2.

What resistor did you guys used for those of you whose done it? The DIY from benheck said to use 20-60 OHM but I tried with no luck, still too bright. What did I do wrong?

Here's a picture of my GBA black shell casing swapped:

IP Logged

Ace
Global Moderator

http://simplyne s.emucamp.com

England

Re: GBA Front Lit DIY problem (HELP!!)
Reply #1 - 04. Jan 2013 at 18:22

Hook up a 47k potentiometer find the sweet spot then measure the pot with a multi meter to find the value resistor you need?.

IP Logged

NusDoggy Dogg
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Re: GBA Front Lit DIY problem (HELP!!)
Reply #2 - 18. Jan 2013 at 01:22

Ace wrote on 04. Jan 2013 at 18:22:
Hook up a 47k potentiometer find the sweet spot then measure the pot with a multi meter to find the value resistor you need?.

Thanks for the reply.

I found out what I did wrong. I had the front glass upside down. Don't know why it would matter, but it does. I picked up another GBA in glacier color for only $10.00 in mint condition! So after much though, I tried it once more after I've been told that the glass might be upside down in the new GBA I just picked up. I spun it around, and bam! I can see through the front glass now. It has some glare, but thats cause you need a Anti-Reflective film put on to prevent them. So far so good. Now I can play in the dark with ease! Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print