Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
To the NESWORLD news page

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterAwards  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need Famicom expert to help identify something (Read 6216 times)
BrutallyHonestGamer
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Need Famicom expert to help identify something
16. Jun 2013 at 18:37

Hello.  I am a new member, long time collector, first time Famicom buyer.  I recently got a large lot of Famicom games locally and didn't have a means to play them so on Ebay I went and bought a Famicom.  After buying it I wanted to get more information on it and i have been able to find nothing, no info on the system or the company that supposedly made it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Power-NP-003-Famicom-Entertainment-System-/2512...

Is this system official or is it a clone?  What throws me off is that it's from the Nintendo Power Co LTD and made in 1990.  I guess the Nintendo Power Co. LTD throws me off since it seems to be maybe a separate entity from Nintendo?   Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

IP Logged

RegalSin

NESWORLD Supporter!

Re: Need Famicom expert to help identify something
Reply #1 - 21. Jun 2013 at 19:15

It seems to be an early version of the original famicom modeled with the "Nintendo Power" theme. However this is a "clone" because I have never seen the type logo used on a Nintendo product.

However NP did exsist both in Japan, and and US. By NP I mean the name itself. I would buy that from you if I had the cash.

It is too funny looking to be an official model, but it looks sophisticated a bit????

IP Logged

BrutallyHonestGamer
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #2 - 23. Jun 2013 at 03:54

i new Nintendo Power existed as the Magazine but never a stand alone company, the other thing that was throwing me off was that it was made in Japan and is not an emulation system, it's actual hardware.  Which you would think would be illegal to have a company name so close to that as Nintendo, it would be like me having a company called Microsoft Power.  It would never fly, but I also don't know the Japanese corporate legal system.

IP Logged

USfamicom
Forum Newbie

NESWORLD Supporter!

Reply #3 - 11. Aug 2013 at 00:42

got these NES carts off of craigslist.
unbeatable program is Adventure Island

are these just pirate carts?

also check out my store at www.usfami.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1